2021 TV Watching.

The Squid Game - EXCELLENT Korean speculative thriller, currently on Netflix. Anyone else seen it yet?

Still trying to get a dubbed or subbed version. I don't have netflix.

Still trying to get a dubbed or subbed version. I don't have netflix.

I'd recommend sticking with the subbed version if possible - the dubbed version isn't great.

Just finished it after spending the whole day on it, and quite frankly, I'm blown away. Who would have thought Battle Royale meets The Prisoner could be so good. Edge of your seat all the way through, and so devastating in parts. Fantastic.

The Squid Game - EXCELLENT Korean speculative thriller, currently on Netflix. Anyone else seen it yet?
I tried the first episode. It started strongly, but when it got to the games I didn't buy in to the premise. (But then, same with Hunger Games, Alice in Borderland etc.)

I tried the first episode. It started strongly, but when it got to the games I didn't buy in to the premise. (But then, same with Hunger Games, Alice in Borderland etc.)

There's an element of "fantasy" to it, for sure- I think the nearest comparison would be the Prisoner - but stick with it, the games are explained later, and certain episodes are edge of your seat stuff!

Just watched 'A Very British Coup' for the first time in quite some years. It's still as fascinating and thought provoking as when it was first produced over 30 years ago. The subject matter is a true left-wing PM coming into power and trying to establish social reform in Britain as well as nuclear disarmament; much to the chagrin of both the US government and the establishment who attempt to destabilise his policies.

I remember watching it in about 1990, and wouldn't mind seeing it again. What platform is it on, or is it a VHS/DVD?

Britbox. This is a really brilliant subscription service, with loads of great old programmes on there. Still not as comprehensive as I'd like it to be , with loads of classic series not on there, but more than enough stuff to make it worth paying for.

The book which the tv series was based on diverted somewhat from the tv series, but was also very engaging. I've just learned that there was a sequel released in 2019 (perhaps to tie in with the potential of a Corbyn-led Labour government?) which I need to check out.

I watched on Netflix. I was a little skeptical at the beginning, but I do not regret watching it. If you can put aside the brutal killings, Squid Games is interesting. I'm tempted to say it's original, but I keep having Hunger Games flashbacks.

Anyone else watching La Brea ? This time no aliens coming out from that sinkhole. Present and past can be crossed with an airplane in these new seres, for the moment only one way.