2021 TV Watching.

I'm not a police drama fan, but I tried Line of Duty and raced through the entire series in a couple of weeks. Outstanding right until the last episode of series 5 and then the wheels start to wobble a bit. Series 6 is good, but not a patch of the previous ones.

I did exactly the same thing. Hadn't watched it at all , then binged-watched 1-5 in preparation for 6. I do wonder though at what point they started playing it for laughs. It's very much in the same mode of 24, which also started off quite serious, but then the storylines and characters became more humorous than anything else. Still had to be watched though.

Finished Season 3 of THE EXPANSE.
Up next the documentary THE OTHER DREAM TEAM. And Season one of PAPER CHASE.

I attempted to watch Star Trek: Picard and after the first episode just read through the show synopsis along some YT clips for the more absurd stuff. Don't even have a proper comment, or rather, I have far too many comments. Let's just say that after seeing the part ripped-off from Mass Effect 3 I laughed and went back binging TNG.

I finished Channel 4's Humans this week. Very good and an interesting look in to prejudice, I thought.

I also saw the second series of Love, Death and Robots. Another great series, but I didn't think they were as good as the first. Still, another great show and I'm glad it has been renewed for a third season.

Beastars. This animated Japanese series concerns a school with a difference. All the students and teachers are animals. Yes, they talk. I have an excellent dubbed version. It's on Netflix and probably elsewhere.
The story starts with a murder. Someone has killed and eaten one of the students. Since the victim is a herbivore, suspicion falls on the carnivore students. That should be the premise of the show but it turns out to be a story about a wolf and a bunny who, apparently, have an adolescent crush on one another.
I can't properly explain why I'm hooked on this show, but I am. Each episode is a bite sized (sorry, I can't help myself) 22 minutes, so give it a try and see what you think.

Good. Which is to say that this excellent show continues along new, but still intriguing, tracks. Season 6??? Dunno. 2022? Anyone know?

Season 3 of Pose
I don't know why the only show I look forward to appearing on my Tivo is Pose, but it is.
Okay. I do know why...
Sharp, almost acidic dialogue. Believable and relatable characters. And stories of real pathos and drama.
I am sad that this is the last series as I feel it is getting better but always walk off the stage with them wanting more...