2021 TV Watching.

I’m in the mood for some Zombies, so I’m watching Dead Set. (Essentially Big Brother during an outbreak.)

It was based on a Brazilian T.V. Show called RealityZ. Be interesting to see how they hold up gist each other.

I’m in the mood for some Zombies, so I’m watching Dead Set. (Essentially Big Brother during an outbreak.)

It was based on a Brazilian T.V. Show called RealityZ. Be interesting to see how they hold up gist each other.

It was a meh. Don't hold your breath. Watch the Kingdom instead.

Dead Set was actually pretty uninteresting, which is a shame considering the subject matter and the cast. I did enjoy the producer guy, who was an absolute tool but fun to watch.

Now on to Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. I’ve been meaning to watch it for a while now.

Netflix's The Invisible Kingdom (environmental cop investigates Brazilian folklore spirits in Rio) was great.

I'm now four episodes into a brilliant French comedy (thankfully free of laughter track), also on Netflix, set in the secret service in 1960, A Very Secret Service (French title: Au Service de la France). It's very dry, very quick, tres chic, with exceptional period detail and soundtrack and some wonderfully quirky characters. Anyone else seen it?

My mum has just bought herself season 8 of Spiral on DVD. I’ll be pinching that from her once she’s finished with it. :)

;) With that cast and a great premise, it should have worked. I saw it to the end. It didn't. Sad really.

Just in case you don't know, it's on iPlayer now. (But I'm guessing you want to watch it on a non-internet TV.)
Yep. For some reason I don’t like streaming. Had my TV hooked up for a grand total of two days and then disconnected it from the net. I don’t do any form of subscription TV either. Not even Sky, despite the fact that I enjoy F1. I have what is known locally as cooncil telly. The only thing I do beyond normal TV is watch Formula E on the red button.

I think the more that is available, the more temptation there is to just sit there all day and do nothing else. I really don’t need any more reason to get fat, do nothing and slowly crush my heart with cholesterol:)

Re Spiral, I haven't seen S8 yet, but I've recently rewatched (in this order) S3, S5, S2 and S1. I had previously remembered S1 as "finding its feet", probably because of the "case of the week" feel, but I now think it's at least as good as the others. A bit of a shock to then start S6 and see everyone age overnight!

Escoffier (I think that’s how his name is spelled) is my favourite character. Always getting into bother. :)

Escoffier (I think that’s how his name is spelled)

Oddly, in S1 it's spelled (and pronounced) Lemaire. I've no idea why they changed his surname between S1 and S2 (and judging by Google, neither does anyone else).

(My favourite is Roban.)

Oddly, in S1 it's spelled (and pronounced) Lemaire. I've no idea why they changed his surname between S1 and S2 (and judging by Google, neither does anyone else).

(My favourite is Roban.)
I didn't notice the name change. Good job I'm not a detective...
Roban is probably my second favourite. They're all good characters TBH:)

I've been watching a Netflix documentary called "Crime Scene: the Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel", because I knew something of the case and thought that the documentary would be about half an hour long. It's four hours long. There's some interesting stuff about the history of a hotel in a bad area of New York, and the case itself is interesting, in a sad sort of way, but it could be much shorter, and there's an inevitable hint of the occult which is a waste of time and in questionable taste. What is it with these glossy documentaries? Why does some loon always have to suggest that demons, ghosts or aliens were involved?

Why does some loon always have to suggest that demons, ghosts or aliens were involved?
It kind of reminds of the documentary I watched on the mysterious disappearance of a Great White Shark which had been fitted with a tracking device. What monster would be big enough to devour a shark of that size? Well, surprise surprise, it was a bigger shark. Talk about anticlimax.

I recently caught a riveting documentary on PBS America on the Vietnam war. It was in ten parts and each part lasted a couple of hours - some were more. I’ve never seen a more comprehensive study of this conflict and if it didn’t win any awards, it damn well should have.