Kurt Vonnegut's The Sirens of Titan (2021) TV series

M. Robert Gibson

is
Supporter
I've just discovered this little announcement on this Wiki page

"It was announced that Kurt Vonnegut's 1959 novel The Sirens of Titan would be made into a television series and would be adapted by Dan Harmon and Evan Katz."

It turns out this was announced several years ago.

I've not read the book. What do we reckon? Will it translate to the small screen?

I like Harmon's Rick and Morty so maybe this'll be OK

I just looked up who Dan Harmon is. I'm not especially confident.

Harmon, the man, can be quite tiresome - but his work on Community was top notch, and Monster House is a really well written kids movie. Rick and Morty is too bogged down with its own meta-ness to have maintained any quality past season 2. It's knowingness is tedious, now.

Vonnegut and Harmon share a similar tendency for dark tragedy and humour, so it could work.

Definitely up for this, could be good fun, been years since I read the book ...think it'd be deadly if it was done in a slightly wonky style (the attached clip goes a bit too far but would love to see something similar done to Vonnegut!
)

I loved Community and Rick and Morty, so i get the impression from both shows that Dan Harmon has a genuine love of Science Fiction. I have some faith.

It also helps that i have no exposure to the source materiel, so my risk is reduced. :)

I've just discovered this little announcement on this Wiki page

"It was announced that Kurt Vonnegut's 1959 novel The Sirens of Titan would be made into a television series and would be adapted by Dan Harmon and Evan Katz."

It turns out this was announced several years ago.

I've not read the book. What do we reckon? Will it translate to the small screen?

I like Harmon's Rick and Morty so maybe this'll be OK
Sounds promising to me. Rick and Morty was fine IMO, but it was saturating as well.