Disney Announce 10 New Star Wars Series and Movies

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
So Disney have announced their plans for the future of Star Wars. Boy, with ten new projects in the works, do they have big plans. After the success of The Mandalorian, TV is probably their biggest commitment.

I was hugely disappointed by the sequel trilogy and the lack of planning and direction made for a weak trilogy. Rogue One was excellent and although i enjoyed Solo, it wasn't a great movie, but i am very excited by the news.

I'm quite excited by the movie set around Rogue Squadron to be released in 2023 and directed by Patty Jenkins.

So Disney have announced their plans for the future of Star Wars. Boy, with ten new projects in the works, do they have big plans. After the success of The Mandalorian, TV is probably their biggest commitment.

I was hugely disappointed by the sequel trilogy and the lack of planning and direction made for a weak trilogy. Rogue One was excellent and although i enjoyed Solo, it wasn't a great movie, but i am very excited by the news.

I'm quite excited by the movie set around Rogue Squadron to be released in 2023 and directed by Patty Jenkins.

Rogue Squadron sounds interesting, :)

Rogue Squadrons has potential to be awesome.

I think it’s great that they’re releasing content from all eras.

I’ve read that Hayden Christensen will be making an appearance in the Obi-Wan series. It would be cool if Alden Ehrenreich made an appearance in the Lando series.

I also genuinely hope that Lucasfilm have both a plan and an arc for these shows. The decision to just let the directors of the sequels write where they think the story should go was weak in my opinion and Star Wars definitely suffered for it.

Rogue One is arguably my favourite Star Wars movie of the whole franchise. To be fair the sequel trilogy was probably about as good as it was going to get seeing as they were being made 40 years after the originals, and were far less disappointing than the prequels.

It doesn't surprise me that Disney is looking too boost it's share of subscription services by promoting their AAA licence, it just surprises me that they have taken this long to announce it. Judging by the cinema-quality acting and production budgets being given to the most popular franchises these days, I can see each episode being cinema-quality material. Whether they engage with the Star Wars audience is another point, but for sure they should be a significant increase in Disney Channel memberships.

Rogue One is arguably my favourite Star Wars movie of the whole franchise.
Completely agree. And if only they'd watched Top Gun, before writing Solo... he was going to be the best pilot in the Galaxy, and until that ridiculous bit on the train we had no idea of his abilities. Missed a trick IMHO...

A friend of mine is currently at the Star Wars Celebration event this weekend, and he’s posting regular photos from there.

931B43A0-797D-40E7-8702-E199BA6EF23E.jpeg

Does anyone else hate when a universe gets too big? Because we didn't have Cartoon Network at the time, I went into one movie without knowing who that asthmatic droid was. I have the same feeling about MCU where I was able to enjoy the movies despite not having seen them all, but I get the sense that I would have been lost if I hadn't seen most of them.

I think they spent more than $4 billion to continue the franchise, so they need to cover their investment.