The Mandalorian - Chapter Fourteen - The Tragedy

I find your statement that my enjoyment of a bunch of 20-to-30-year-old novels 'dictated' anything

Indeed, I meant the showrunners, not the readers.

Showrunners should keep continuity in the media they are working in, not surprise fans by introducing changes from different media viewers may not be familiar with. The Marvel films don't suddenly introduce changes from the Marvel comics, with the expectation that film goers should have read the comics - they keep the films consistent with each other.

Showrunners should keep continuity in the media they are working in, not surprise fans by introducing changes from different media viewers may not be familiar with. The Marvel films don't suddenly introduce changes from the Marvel comics, with the expectation that film goers should have read the comics - they keep the films consistent with each other.
I agree and this should apply to everything; that whatever it is stands up on its own merit. It really annoys me, that when I watch a film, the director expects me to have read a Blog to understand it. This did start a long time ago - Donnie Darko had a webpage with spoof News cuttings - but these were originally always additional 'Easter Eggs,' not something vital to the understanding of the film's plot that is more frequent today.

I agree with the sentiment, but again this is not the case here. The showrunners brought Boba Fett from the dead a second time. Until his appearance in The Mandalorian, he was dead to the SW canon. So it's not the case of showrunners introducing changes from a different medium, it's simply the case of showrunners bringing a character back to life in a new continuity. The Mandalorian is - so far - the only medium in which Boba Fett has been revealed to be alive after Return of the Jedi. You're not supposed to have read or seen anything else to understand how that came to be.

Reactions: ctg

Back