The Legend of El Cid

svalbard

Supporter
Finished this short season of 5 episodes. I truly hope this gets renewed. It is superb. Production values are excellent, the main battle scene in episode 4 is up there with the best.

The series depicts kingship in 11th century Spain in a believable light, the power of the Church, the alliances with the Moorish kingdoms, the role of gender. This is brilliant TV and it is most definitely not the El Cid of Charlton Heston.

And watch with the subtitles not the dubbed version. It is a far richer experience

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
Started watching this, and I agree. It's wonderful. Didn't even know it was possible to do sub-titles. Might check that out,

svalbard

Supporter
If you are watching on Amazon Prime just click pause and subtitles and audio and language appear on the screen. Click into subtitles and turn on. You prob know this anyway.

Will be interested in your thoughts later on especially if you are familiar with the classic movie and any of the history. Enjoy :)

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
I didn't know how to go to subtitles and wasn't able to do it last night. Will try again when I get to watch episode 5.

Unfortunately I've not seen the classic movie and am only in the vaguest aware of the history. Sorry.