DISCUSSION THREAD -- December 2020 75 Word Writing Challenge

The reign of the last challenge's is almost over, so who will be the new monarch? Only Time will tell (and it's getting rather impatient), but in the meantime, here are the results of the Ursa Jury (with the stories are in posting order within the categories):

Honourable Mentions:
  • Noblesse Oblige by Victoria Silverwolf
  • A Gift Fit for a King by Peter V
  • A Meal Fit For A King? by paranoid marvin
  • The Royal Code by Simbelmynë

Runners Up:
  • TK Event. by Danny McG
  • The King is Dead? by Bren G
  • Ringing the Changes, One New Year’s Eve by Teresa Edgerton

Winner:
  • A Cautionary Tail Tale by The Judge

Congratulations, Peter V, on another fine story and a strong victory. Looking forward to your new choices for a new year.
Hey, @Peter V, I cannot find that thread to your 75 Word victory - I'm curious as to what your theme/genre choices were that you now regret. Would you remember, and would you mind posting them? :)
Well done, paranoid marvin, on finishing sole second.

Big thanks to stevietee, Simbelmynë, and TJ for the listings!!

Hey, @Peter V, I cannot find that thread to your 75 Word victory - I'm curious as to what your theme/genre choices were that you now regret. Would you remember, and would you mind posting them? :)
I think I went with journey / road trip (or something like that) with post apocalyptic as the genre CC. I came down to Earth with a resounding crash - zero votes or mentions

Peter won in December 2017 with "I am the Ghost of Christmas Present" (I've just realised how far behind we are in the Rolls of Honour...) and the theme for January 2018 was indeed "Road Trip or Journey" in the genre of "Apocalyptic or Post-Apocalyptic (SF, fantasy or horror)".

I got some votes that time, Peter, so make sure you do as well with the next theme!

Back