DISCUSSION THREAD -- December 2020 75 Word Writing Challenge

@Bren G .... The King is Dead? .... Bren (who might be guilty of perpetuating a a weird conspiracy myth) brings us a story with 3 stars, one social, one decorative, and one real.
**** Fourth entry with a Star (Though I'm tempted to count this story a 3 star story.)

Thought I'd go a bit Melodramatic with my entry. No Stars though. Guess I wont be eating like a King tonight ("I'm a Celeb" reference for those who dont watch :))

Funny how I seem to gravitate back to the Chrons at this time of year. I promise I'll try to stick around a bit longer, if only to keep reading these excellent 75 word challenges

@stevietee .... The Power And The Glory .... Stevie brings us face to face with a test that's much more understandable, and much less possible, then pulling a sword out of a stone.

Cheers @Parson, that was quick.

I would like to think you are right and there aren't many of us on here who would be capable of picking up that particular mantle :)

For whatever reason, my mind drew a blank when I read the theme. There are so many ways to go about it. Thankfully, I finally came up with two decent ideas. I chose the one I think has more meaning behind it.

@Guttersnipe .... The King of Bedlam .... G. snipe writes us a perfectly understandable tale, with a perfectly plausible ending. Why does it sound so much like a mere fantasy?

@BT Jones .... 'A' is for Abdication .... BT J points out that sometimes Kings get what they deserve and sometimes they fall victim to poor but punny hearing.

@Justin Swanton .... The King is Dead, God Save the King .... J. Swan tells a tale of a prince in some uncommon, common, circumstances.

@Provincial .... Team Work .... Provincial gives a glimpse into the high tech heavenlies where there is wonderful delegation and team chemistry.

@Marvin .... New broom .... Marv reminds us to be wary of visitors from the East. Their gifts might be more than we bargained for.

*****Fifth entry with a star.

Is this like the time lots of us added cats?

Well, sort'a. The moderators felt my idea of a theme "The New King's Star" was too difficult to handle in a 75. So we agreed to "The New King." But when @The Judge wrote the lead in post to this thread she mentioned that discussion and said:

However, if anyone wants to prove the mods wrong, and take on the extra Challenge of bringing a star for the new king into the story, you'll doubtless make Parson very happy!!

So I'm counting everyone whose story mentions a star or like @Bren G mentions 3 stars. --- A little fun; nothing more.

Well, sort'a. The moderators felt my idea of a theme "The New King's Star" was too difficult to handle in a 75. So we agreed to "The New King." But when @The Judge wrote the lead in post to this thread she mentioned that discussion and said:
So I'm counting everyone whose story mentions a star or like @Bren G mentions 3 stars. --- A little fun; nothing more.
Ok, a new king, a star, the Dark Lord and the Minion it is.

Rats, wish I’d known that. That’ll teach me to ignore everything except the challenge details in the first post.

I’m sure I could have squeezed in a star too, though it would’ve meant changing the story if it had to be important. Do implied stars count? :giggle:

Rats, wish I’d known that. That’ll teach me to ignore everything except the challenge details in the first post.

I’m sure I could have squeezed in a star too, though it would’ve meant changing the story if it had to be important. Do implied stars count? :giggle:

Yep, they will get an implied count. :p

@Wayne Mack .... All Hail The King .... W. Mack reminds us that the crown is heavy when it is worn with integrity.

Back