Book about: High School Teenager. No Electricity. The rule of 3. Cars not working.

josueporter4

Hello, I am looking for a book but I honestly cant remember the author nor the title. I have some points that i certainly do remember. It is an apocalyptic type book which I believe the main character is a teenage male in high school. In the book, something happens to all the technological/electrical things like newer vehicles that caused them to not function at all. I believe it was like some sort of "virus" in the the radio frequencies or in the electric current. So this teenager, further into the book, he teams up with his neighbor I believe and they go to get "Pool Cleaning Tablets/Pills" because there is no clean water due to the power shortage. The neighbor or that person that goes with the teenager to get the tablets, also mentions something about a "Rule of 3" that mentions something about: you can go 3 days without drinking, 3 weeks without eating and something like that. Somewhere else throughout the novel, the teenager wants to check on his crush/girlfriend so i think he uses a tractor to drive to the girls house but the tractor runs out of gas or something happens that he eventually gets there but i think he becomes doubtful about approaching the house because there were people trying to break in to that house so i think he tries to fight them or something like that. I know im kind of rambling all over the place but I hope yall can help me find this book.

Thank you.

...something happens to all the technological/electrical things like newer vehicles that caused them to not function at all. I believe it was like some sort of "virus" in the the radio frequencies or in the electric current...
This bit sounds like The Waveries by Fredric Brown. But the rest of it doesn't. But it does sounds kinda familiar nonetheless - I'll get thinking cap on.

This bit sounds like The Waveries by Fredric Brown. But the rest of it doesn't. But it does sounds kinda familiar nonetheless - I'll get thinking cap on.
I appreciate it, i'll check it out but that title doesn't sound familiar at all. Thank you!!

Back