Prison transport shipwreck

pruneyboy

Sci fi space thriller
Only really remember the start of the book.
The starting premise of the book is there are human prisoners who have been cryo frozen survive a prison spaceship crash. There are only around 5 survivors who have crash landed on an inhospitable planet(pretty sure it was an ice planet). The story starts with them leaving their cryo sleep pods and trying to survive. The identity of the protagonist(male) is unknown but there’s a sense that he is either a war criminal or a court-martialled leader. The only other thing I remember is that one of the female survivors recognises him and tries to kill him.
Greatly appreciate any help people can provide, going insane trying to remember it.

Sci fi space thriller
Only really remember the start of the book.
The starting premise of the book is there are human prisoners who have been cryo frozen survive a prison spaceship crash. There are only around 5 survivors who have crash landed on an inhospitable planet(pretty sure it was an ice planet). The story starts with them leaving their cryo sleep pods and trying to survive. The identity of the protagonist(male) is unknown but there’s a sense that he is either a war criminal or a court-martialled leader. The only other thing I remember is that one of the female survivors recognises him and tries to kill him.
Greatly appreciate any help people can provide, going insane trying to remember it.
This sounds very much like Destroyer by some guy called Brian G Turner

This sounds very much like Destroyer by some guy called Brian G Turner
Just had a quick look and that doesn't seem to be the one, completely forgot to add that I read this about 10 years ago and Destroyer just recently came out. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Just had a quick look and that doesn't seem to be the one, completely forgot to add that I read this about 10 years ago and Destroyer just recently came out. Thank you for the suggestion though.
No probs
Have a look through this to see if it helps you remember anything else about your book

Not sure about this. Not one of Bear's best efforts but I don't recall the people being prisoners, or the ship crash landing.
Ah, that's right, iirc they were clones and the ship was still in space - drat!
I've posted without checking first, I was relying on memory (obvious failure this time)

Last edited: