What Are Your Choices for Worst Comedy Films Of All Time?

I know what you mean. I can see this anytime by visiting my local pub.

I liked The Three Stooges Meet Hercules It's one the best send. ups of the Sword and Genre of all time. And Who could forget the Terrible Siamese Cyclops ? :D

During the 1960's craze for spy spoofs, there were many truly terrible ones. A few that come to mind are The Fat Spy, Don't Worry We'll Think of a Title, and The Nasty Rabbit.

National Lampoon Goes to the Movies AKA Movie Madness consists of three film parodies, each one of which completely misses the mark.

Car 54, Where Are You? is a grotesque insult to the old television series, which was actually quite funny.

The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu completely wasted the talents of the great Peter Sellers. I might say the same about The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother and Gene Wilder.

Galaxina is a laugh-free science fiction spoof, made more uncomfortable to watch by the murder of its star, Dorothy Stratten.

The Creature Wasn't Nice AKA Spaceship AKA Naked Space tried to be the outer space version of Airplane! and failed miserably.

I've seen a lot of lousy comedies.

During the 1960's craze for spy spoofs, there were many truly terrible ones. A few that come to mind are The Fat Spy, Don't Worry We'll Think of a Title, and The Nasty Rabbit.

National Lampoon Goes to the Movies AKA Movie Madness consists of three film parodies, each one of which completely misses the mark.

Car 54, Where Are You? is a grotesque insult to the old television series, which was actually quite funny.

The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu completely wasted the talents of the great Peter Sellers. I might say the same about The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother and Gene Wilder.

Galaxina is a laugh-free science fiction spoof, made more uncomfortable to watch by the murder of its star, Dorothy Stratten.

The Creature Wasn't Nice AKA Spaceship AKA Naked Space tried to be the outer space version of Airplane! and failed miserably.

I've seen a lot of lousy comedies.

Ive seen most of those those cinema turkeys.

Lenard Part 6 Bill Cosby plays a superspy. in this wretchedly bad comedy film.

I watched Caddyshack as a child and found it funny at the time. It would probably be different now though.

I always felt that Charlie Chaplin was somewhat over rated. As a kid, I definitely preferred Laurel and Hardy,

I watched Caddyshack as a child and found it funny at the time. It would probably be different now though.

I always felt that Charlie Chaplin was somewhat over rated. As a kid, I definitely preferred Laurel and Hardy,

A Yes to Laurel had Hardy . Sons of the Desert and who can possibly forget Babes in Toyland ? They were great and I can watched them endlessly .:cool:

Epic Movie, Superhero Movie...pretty much that whole franchise. Scary Movie 1-4, I thought, had their moments. I'd prefer Mystery Science Theater commentary to most parody films. On the other hand, I liked the movie Mafia! (1998) even though no one else seems to.

Echoing Foxbat: any Carry On film that had Barbara Windsor in it. Until then, there was gentle and funny innuendo (who can forget Hattie Jaques and the thermometer skit?) and as soon as she arrived comedy left by the front door and smutty, unfunny situations were written in that killed it for me.

And totally agree about Adam Sandler!

Echoing Foxbat: any Carry On film that had Barbara Windsor in it. Until then, there was gentle and funny innuendo (who can forget Hattie Jaques and the thermometer skit?) and as soon as she arrived comedy left by the front door and smutty, unfunny situations were written in that killed it for me.

And totally agree about Adam Sandler!

Im not wild about most of Adam Sander's comedy roles but, in serious acting roles , he's pretty good.

A Yes to Laurel had Hardy . Sons of the Desert and who can possibly forget Babes in Toyland ? They were great and I can watched them endlessly .:cool:

Sons of the Desert is (imho) the best Laurel and Hardy movie. They were a little hit and miss with the feature length films, as often slapstick was better kept to the half hour slot. You can see many influences of this movie in a number of their shorts, but it's varied and funny enough to stay the distance. Second favourite is A Chump At Oxford. Of the shorts two of my favourites are Laughing Gravy and The Music Box, but The Live Ghost makes me laugh out loud every time. There is surely nothing funnier than Stan Laurel in 'scared/crying' mode.

Galaxina. It's an eighties movie on Amazon Prime. It's trying to be a funny space opera but it's laboured and dull and vague. Everyone in it is annoying to one level or another. Every 'joke' is a misfire. To put the absolute miserable and tragic cherry on top, the main star was murdered a year later. Which puts a downer on an already funless movie...

Galaxina. It's an eighties movie on Amazon Prime. It's trying to be a funny space opera but it's laboured and dull and vague. Everyone in it is annoying to one level or another. Every 'joke' is a misfire. To put the absolute miserable and tragic cherry on top, the main star was murdered a year later. Which puts a downer on an already funless movie...

Yes , but it did have Dorothy Stratton. :)

Naploean Dynamite. A friend told me it was the funniest thing he ever saw, so I went. I left a third of the way in and snuck into another movie. I never did that before, nor did since, but it felt justified given the theatre gave me no warning.

Porky's. I couldn't make it through the first 30 minutes. I imagine the rest of the films don't improve on it.

A really atrocious film that spawned two even more dire sequels, Porky's II The Next Day and Porky's Revenge. :eek:

I never got the whole Porky’s thing. I haven’t seen any of them.

I feel the same way about the American Pie movies too.

The first Police Academy movie was dumb but, fun and entertaining and the should have left it at that. The sequels were dumb, unfunny and wretchedly bad with no entertainment value whatsoever. There was also a Police Academy animated tv seres oof which I skipped completely.

The Ernest films were absolute comedy garbage. Ernest was an unfunny and other obnoxious character. How they starched this into movie series boggles the mind.

Back