What Are Your Choices for Worst Comedy Films Of All Time?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
What are Your choices for worst Comedy films of all time?

Jerky Boys 1995 Two guys go around making crank phone calls to random people just for laughs. They make the mistake of prank calling the wrong guys and chaos ensues . This film is god awfully unfunny and bad.

I recently watched Amy Schumer’s I Feel Pretty. She put in a fair turn, I thought, but the script was lazy and the jokes one dimensional. I didn’t laugh once.

I adored the Airplane style movies, but after Hot Shots Part Deux, I don’t think I have enjoyed any.

I struggle with the Wayans brother stuff too, but I don think I’m their target audience.

This isn't going to be a popular choice but Caddyshack. Even as a kid I found this ridiculous and cringingly bad.

I agree. I watched it as an adult, thinking I had missed this one all these years and it would be an oldie-but-goodie. I not only found it unfunny, it was downright boring. :( I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like it.

I agree. I watched it as an adult, thinking I had missed this one all these years and it would be an oldie-but-goodie. I not only found it unfunny, it was downright boring. :( I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like it.
Frankly I never liked Chevy Chase. I thought the Vacation films were a joke and not in a funny way.

I don't understand Caddyshack's status as a cult comedy film. This film populated by a bunch brainless , obnoxious one dimensional and unlikable characters doing nasty unfunny things to one another . The worst character in the film was that damned gofer that sounded like Flipper the Dolphin. CaddyShack is bad , stupid , inane and unfunny . It stank when it came out and it hasn't gotten any better with age. Unfortunately, It spawned a sequel Caddyshack 2 which ive never seen and don't plan on ever seeing.

Last edited:
Americathon. 1979 staring John Ritter . This comedy movie is little remembered for a very good reason, It makes Caddyshack look good.

Last edited:
Hound of the Baskervilles with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. A truly terrible film, even Kenneth Williams looks embarrassed in it. This film has no redeeming features at all other than a rewriting of Cook and Moore's one-legged Tarzan sketch.

It could be just me, but any movie with Will Ferral or Adam Sandler makes me cringe. I never laughed. Well maybe once for one of their movies out of what seems like hundreds.

American Pie. Was dragged to the cinema to see it when I was at college. Not my sort of thing anyway but really not funny at all.

Most of the Carry On movies are pretty bad, except Carry On Screaming, which has the sultry and smoking (literally) Fenella Fielding. Any movie with Arthur Askey (including the Val Guest co-scripted The Ghost Train) also gets my vote as bad comedy.

Any Adam Sandler film.

This might be controversial, but any Three Stooges films. I've never seen the appeal, it's just three blokes hitting each other.

There are also a few horror films that 'claim' to be comedy, but I think the makers realised their offering wasn't really that good as a horror, so they tag it as a comedy. I can't actually remember any titles, but you know what I mean...

Most of the Carry On movies are pretty bad, except Carry On Screaming, which has the sultry and smoking (literally) Fenella Fielding. Any movie with Arthur Askey (including the Val Guest co-scripted The Ghost Train) also gets my vote as bad comedy.
Originally a 1923 play written by Arnold Ridley best known as Private Godfrey in Dad's Army.

Back