November / December 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion

I have an excuse for not posting, my wife threatened me with divorce unless I decorated the spare room. Consequently my writing, photography, general loafing around, all cancelled. Thankfully the job is now completed and normal service has been restored to the House of Capricorn .

Some of the posts here are variations on Hauntology
I'm thinking I might write one and enter this challenge :unsure: ;)
Go for it, @Danny McG. We will not be disappointed. I'm delighted. There are now as many entries as there are discussion messages!

Here's something else that might help inspire

A Spectre is Haunting Arizona -- When left and right go very far, they become the same thing.

Jetpack -- Sometimes we have to create our own memories.

Revenge -- Prey may learn the wisdom of those who stalk them.

Where Did I Park My Flying Car? -- Once in a while you just have to toss out everything and start over.

Peace Bonus -- The joy of creation does not depend on how the creation is used.

The Red Rift -- If you have to have a war, make it a cold one.

A Familiar Tune -- The future isn't what it used to be.

The Haunting of the Holy Land -- Many lose opportunities without even knowing they exist.

Visit Great Britain 2050! -- Most disadvantages can be spun into selling points.

The Border -- If it happens one place, it can happen another place.

His Father’s Castle -- We can never truly escape our origins.

The Ritual -- Some of the things we do have lost all meaning.

Battleship -- One may be trapped by one's own devices.

Rough Justice -- The line between criminal and victim may be a thin one.

Bread & Circuses -- Some forms of connection are possible across great distances.

Go on - guess! -- Imitation is the sincerest form of replacement.

Years of hurt. -- Often you have to wait a long time before winning what you want.

Senatus Populusque Romanus -- Not everything fades away, even after a great deal of time.

Mother of Invention -- In difficult times, it's important to listen to good advice.

Voices of a past war. -- Many places evoke the memories of great events.

Waterfall -- When nature is tamed, something important is lost.

Go forth and multiply -- If at first you don't succeed, you'll probably mess up the next time as well.

Problems at The Mechanical Men Corporation -- Unrestrained technology can easily get out of hand.

Today's World... Tomorrow -- The real world is just as unlikely as any imaginary one.

So Close -- Security restrictions often limit one's ability to travel.

A Spectre is Haunting Arizona -- When left and right go very far, they become the same thing.

Jetpack -- Sometimes we have to create our own memories.

Revenge -- Prey may learn the wisdom of those who stalk them.

Where Did I Park My Flying Car? -- Once in a while you just have to toss out everything and start over.

Peace Bonus -- The joy of creation does not depend on how the creation is used.

The Red Rift -- If you have to have a war, make it a cold one.

A Familiar Tune -- The future isn't what it used to be.

The Haunting of the Holy Land -- Many lose opportunities without even knowing they exist.

Visit Great Britain 2050! -- Most disadvantages can be spun into selling points.

The Border -- If it happens one place, it can happen another place.

His Father’s Castle -- We can never truly escape our origins.

The Ritual -- Some of the things we do have lost all meaning.

Battleship -- One may be trapped by one's own devices.

Rough Justice -- The line between criminal and victim may be a thin one.

Bread & Circuses -- Some forms of connection are possible across great distances.

Go on - guess! -- Imitation is the sincerest form of replacement.

Years of hurt. -- Often you have to wait a long time before winning what you want.

Senatus Populusque Romanus -- Not everything fades away, even after a great deal of time.

Mother of Invention -- In difficult times, it's important to listen to good advice.

Voices of a past war. -- Many places evoke the memories of great events.

Waterfall -- When nature is tamed, something important is lost.

Go forth and multiply -- If at first you don't succeed, you'll probably mess up the next time as well.

Problems at The Mechanical Men Corporation -- Unrestrained technology can easily get out of hand.

Today's World... Tomorrow -- The real world is just as unlikely as any imaginary one.

So Close -- Security restrictions often limit one's ability to travel.
Thank you for your mini reviews.

Short List:
A Familiar Tune
Battleship
Rough Justice

Vote:
Problems at the Mechanical Men Corporation

Well, I am totally chuffed there ended up being 25 entries. Maybe it was just the time of year. Anyway, some very interesting and eclectic stories.

Short List:
  • Jetpack
  • Revenge
  • A Familiar Tune
  • Bred & Circuses
  • Go On – guess!
  • Senatus Populusque Romanus
VOTE:
  • Rough Justice
It was a close run thing with 'A Familiar Tune', but there was just something about the cold efficiency of 'Rough Justice' that pressed my buttons.
Well done everyone!

Runner-up
So Close

Winner
The Red Rift

Honourable mentions because I recognised the frustrations of people who wanted to enter something, but whose muse was on strike (y)
Where Did I Park My Flying Car?
Go on - guess!

My short list:
Go on - guess!
So Close
Waterfall

Vote goes to: Rough Justice

I thought I might do things a bit different this time. There doesn't seem to be much interest in guessing the authors. Would it be more fun if I posted the participant list earlier, BEFORE the poll ended? That would allow more time to think about who might have written what, and with corrections, allow for some logical deductions.