Driving me crazy

Anthony

It’s a book about a man who woke up from a long “dream” he is from the days of the elfs where they kept humans as pets and he’s the only one who can kill them

Mercedes Lackey / Larry Dixon "Chrome Circle" novels (and others with elvish links).
From WikiPedia:
Many of her novels and trilogies are interlinked and set in the world of Velgarth, mostly in and around the country of Valdemar. Her Valdemar novels include interaction between human and non-human protagonists with many different cultures and social mores.

Her other main world is one much like our own, but it includes clandestine populations of elves, mages, vampires, and other mythical beings. The Bedlam's Bard books describe a young man with the power to work magic through music; the SERRAted Edge books are about racecar driving elves; and the Diana Tregarde thrillers center on a Wiccan who combats evil.

She has also published several novels re-working well-known fairy tales set in a mid-19th to early 20th century setting in which magic is real, although hidden from the mundane world. These novels explore issues of ecology, social class, and gender roles.

Not quite, but on the chance you're memory might be playing slight tricks on you - The Broken Sword by Poul Anderson.? In it the hero is the only one who can see the Elves and he therefore has power to kill them where others don't. He doesn't start out this way I think, he 'wakes' to the realisation of their presence if memory serves ??

It’s a book about a man who woke up from a long “dream” he is from the days of the elfs where they kept humans as pets and he’s the only one who can kill them

A couple possibilities, perhaps? (though I've not read these and they're practically a short in the dark):
- The Halfblood Chronicles series by Andre Norton & Mercedes Lackey
- The Kingdoms and Elves of the Reaches series by Robert Staneck