DISCUSSION THREAD -- November 2020 75-word Writing Challenge

A touch of alternate and real that will no doubt cause confusion to many, if not all.

I blame it on seeing one word, that forced me to write a tale that led to me learning about the potential origin of another. Isn't the English language confusingly brilliant :)

I blame it on seeing one word, that forced me to write a tale that led to me learning about the potential origin of another. Isn't the English language confusingly brilliant :)

I'd suggest that it is humans who are "confusingly brilliant." Every living language is always evolving as people use it. But that evolution is a thing of wonder and often really wonderful.

-----------

@sule .... deliberated .... Yo, someone took a bad trip.

@Luiglin .... Wet Bob .... Wandering purposely can lead to a boss time and gnarly waves.

I'd suggest that it is humans who are "confusingly brilliant." Every living language is always evolving as people use it. But that evolution is a thing of wonder and often really wonderful.

-----------

@sule .... deliberated .... Yo, someone took a bad trip.

@Luiglin .... Wet Bob .... Wandering purposely can lead to a boss time and gnarly waves.
Apologies, you are correct @Parson. Unfortunately, apart from Latin, I'm useless at other languages. I tried to learn Greek once to use on holiday. First chance to try it out and the waitress laughed so hard I never tried again :LOL:

I suspect my local accent doesn't help.

Apologies, you are correct @Parson. Unfortunately, apart from Latin, I'm useless at other languages. I tried to learn Greek once to use on holiday. First chance to try it out and the waitress laughed so hard I never tried again

At least you gave it a try. I spent a couple of hours every night for a year trying to learn Spanish and without someone to talk to it eventually became obvious that it wasn't going to work.

For the moment, I really dislike the internet. Anyway.....

I voted

Thank you for the reviews

Thank you for the mentions

@Starbeast .... Cheech & Chong's Intergalactic Parcel Service .... Like man, Monday is such a bummer!
(Parson gripes: I always loved Mondays! It's a parson's day of rest.)

@paranoid marvin .... Wipeout .... It's like "Little Duce Coup," "Deadman's Curve" and Mel Taylor beating out that unmistakable drum solo all put together. It's like so groovy it's corduroy.

@Vince W .... About the Journey .... Like man, you get your mind right and you surf like Duke Kahanamoku.

Back