DISCUSSION THREAD -- November 2020 75-word Writing Challenge

Thank you, Victoria and Parson, for the reviews.

My fellow Celts may get the reference. Hopefully, it will still work for everyone else, as well. I'll say no more until afterwards.

Thank you, Victoria and Parson, for the reviews.

My fellow Celts may get the reference. Hopefully, it will still work for everyone else, as well. I'll say no more until afterwards.

I don’t get the reference (probably some Celtic hero I haven’t heard of) but I still think it’s great. The feelings of power and freedom that it oozes draw you in - it makes you want to get into a kayak and start paddling. I found it genuinely enthralling.

Got my first draft done, it looks okay. 79 words so I need a little edit.

However I'm not sure if it meets the genre so I might delete and start afresh.

@Provincial .... Keeping it real .... When you get a gnarly wave, ride it out, even if it means going home with someone else.

@Peter V .... Beam Me up, Scotty .... Far out man, being stoned is a real trip. I mean to the moon and back.

@chrispenycate .... It don't mean a thing, (if it ain't got that bling) .... If you're goin nowhere mon, go in style. It'll get you places faster.

@Daysman .... Smile @ Infinity .... When you're dealing with the unknown it's good to end up sailin' away.

@Marvin .... Peace Out .... A buzz is a buzz until it's a buzz-kill.

Well,I am unsure about this one. I've never been a hippy - even less an English speaking one - so I had to google for typical slang etc.
But I got an idea for a story and went with it. Just have to wait and see if it gets me to Woodstock (or anywhere.)

@Elckerlyc .... If You’re Going to Woodstock... .... Hey dude, What's the van rent rate in blunts, anyway?

@Danny McG .... Yugoslavia 1968 .... Jumpin Jack flash, the one that's "such a gas" had better hope that the flash in non-combustible.

@Droflet .... Today, Today .... Yo downer dude. Not goin t'be "The Man."

@wagtail .... Return Trip .... This cool cat got sent back to beat ta' bongos.

@BT Jones .... One Last Wave .... Hey Jay, tubular way to put the lights out.

@Guttersnipe .... If Astronomers Were Groovy .... Headline: "Stoned Astro'mers Understand Far Out."

I'm in. This one was really throwing me, and I think it was because I was trying to write in the vernacular of a surfer, or a beatnik, and I really didn't know the lingo. Then I decided to write in my own voice, about surfers and it came together in minutes.
Not sure I hit the theme quite strongly enough, but it is there, obliquely. Good luck writing, everyone yet to enter, CC

Back