DISCUSSION THREAD -- November 2020 75-word Writing Challenge

Luiglin

by day Stuart Orford by night Dark Lord's scribe
A touch of alternate and real that will no doubt cause confusion to many, if not all.

I blame it on seeing one word, that forced me to write a tale that led to me learning about the potential origin of another. Isn't the English language confusingly brilliant :)

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
I blame it on seeing one word, that forced me to write a tale that led to me learning about the potential origin of another. Isn't the English language confusingly brilliant :)
I'd suggest that it is humans who are "confusingly brilliant." Every living language is always evolving as people use it. But that evolution is a thing of wonder and often really wonderful.

-----------

@sule .... deliberated .... Yo, someone took a bad trip.

@Luiglin .... Wet Bob .... Wandering purposely can lead to a boss time and gnarly waves.

Luiglin

by day Stuart Orford by night Dark Lord's scribe
I'd suggest that it is humans who are "confusingly brilliant." Every living language is always evolving as people use it. But that evolution is a thing of wonder and often really wonderful.

-----------

@sule .... deliberated .... Yo, someone took a bad trip.

@Luiglin .... Wet Bob .... Wandering purposely can lead to a boss time and gnarly waves.
Apologies, you are correct @Parson. Unfortunately, apart from Latin, I'm useless at other languages. I tried to learn Greek once to use on holiday. First chance to try it out and the waitress laughed so hard I never tried again :LOL:

I suspect my local accent doesn't help.

Parson

Supporter
Apologies, you are correct @Parson. Unfortunately, apart from Latin, I'm useless at other languages. I tried to learn Greek once to use on holiday. First chance to try it out and the waitress laughed so hard I never tried again
At least you gave it a try. I spent a couple of hours every night for a year trying to learn Spanish and without someone to talk to it eventually became obvious that it wasn't going to work.

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
For the moment, I really dislike the internet. Anyway.....

I voted

Thank you for the reviews

Thank you for the mentions

Parson

Supporter
@Starbeast .... Cheech & Chong's Intergalactic Parcel Service .... Like man, Monday is such a bummer!
(Parson gripes: I always loved Mondays! It's a parson's day of rest.)

@paranoid marvin .... Wipeout .... It's like "Little Duce Coup," "Deadman's Curve" and Mel Taylor beating out that unmistakable drum solo all put together. It's like so groovy it's corduroy.

Parson

Supporter
@Vince W .... About the Journey .... Like man, you get your mind right and you surf like Duke Kahanamoku.