New Here- Does anyone know where the coffee is?

Hi Tara, welcome. You might start with the monthly writing challenges. Both 75 and 300 word and the occasional 100. They are a good tools to hone your skills and a lot of fun beside. Other forums will become available to you in a short time. Feedback will be available in the writing forums after you have accrued 30 posts. Get involved on the site, meet the members and you'll have those posts before you know it. The rest is up to you. Remember, Tara, this is a marathon, not a race. Best of luck to you.

Hi Tara and welcome.

This place is a great space for both meeting like-minded people and for honing your writing skills. In addition to what Droflet said above, the critiques section is another good place to start, especially if you're looking for feedback on your writing. You need 30 or more qualifying posts before you're allowed to put anything up for critique, but one excellent way to achieve that is to give critique to the ones already posted in there. By reading and commenting on other people's writing, you'll often notice more issues with your own (thus speaks the voice of experience!).

I think you'll like it here. We have other space opera buffs, too, and I'm sure you'll bump into them before too long.

Hi I'm Tara. I write space opera. I'm trying to learn the ropes, can anyone point me to the newbie threads or give a few hints for how to make the most of this community? Thanks in advance!

When you find the newbie threads, let me know where they are:)

Space Opera, eh? I confess I was about two months ago old when I found out exactly what that genre entailed...

Hi Tara,

Some of the things I have found useful are listed under Writing Resources A selected set are:

I really enjoyed the Brandon Sanderson lectures (YouTube) - they were definitely worth the investment of about 10 hours.

Hi Tara, Felicitations from the resident Parson. What was said above. And although I make no pretense to be a professional writer, I enjoy the conversation and the comradery. I suspect you will too.

When you find the newbie threads, let me know where they are:)

Space Opera, eh? I confess I was about two months ago old when I found out exactly what that genre entailed...
I loved Star Wars and Star Trek from the start. This path was inevitable although I dabble in other genres too.

Got a fresh pot of brewing. Ethiopian wild beans, hand ground and roasted... Very sweet and nutty.

Yeah? And who stole my cup? It smells so good that I want some of it and I want it now!

Please, Joe, please, please, please....

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to joining in :giggle:

You already joined. And you look old enough to be here.

Hazelnut Coffee the best.

No, no, no, no....

The first small (5dl) cup of coffee in the morning is the best. The last cup might be the most competed.

@Allan Aspie This reminds me of an old Project 86 music video, I love it! That's the hardest I've laughed all day... And now I want coffee and its 9pm on a work night. Guess that's what french presses are for!

Hi,

I could be wrong but doesn't the newbe bring the coffee? And none of this hazelnut crud please. Just think black, bitter and tar like for me thanks! If the spoon doesn't stand up in the cup before slowly dissolving it's a failure!

Cheers, Greg.