1960's paperback book cover, man being held in robot's arms, filling a martini glass from mechanical breast

Robert Zwilling

Supporter
Saw the paperback book in the early 60's. Only saw the paperback book cover, didn't read or don't remember the blurb. About 200 pages. The man is being held in the robots arms the same way a person could hold a baby. I think the background to the picture is just plain pink color. I don't remember if the liquid is coming out of a spigot or flowing as a fountain. Pretty sure it was booze going into a glass. Not sure about that detail. The robot is very 1950's style, looks like it is made of metal plumbing parts, stylishly riveted together. This was around the same time The Long Afternoon On Earth by Brian Aldiss came out in the US.

The art work was rather campy, more like a cartoon, tongue in cheek so to speak. Could have been a parody. I will check it out.

I like Philip K Dick's ideas and writing, so my writing might be influenced by him. The picture does seem like it could be something he would think up.

The bad cover site is interesting. Finding it hard to search, then tried female robot, duh, and this popped up. Very similar idea, and the story blurb might be even closer. "They hired the robot nanny and housekeeper because Dad kept getting caught cheating with the female help. Published 1959." The arms, legs, and hips are very similar.

Changeling_Worlds.jpg

Maybe its a printing of A Clockwork Orange.

Patrons of the Korova Milkbar could fill their glasses with Milk-Plus from the breasts of statues of naked women.

The art work was rather campy, more like a cartoon, tongue in cheek so to speak. Could have been a parody. I will check it out.

I like Philip K Dick's ideas and writing, so my writing might be influenced by him. The picture does seem like it could be something he would think up.

Let it be noted that this sounds a lot like the plot of my current WIP. ;)

Back