Films Loved by Critics and Hated By You

I could not get into Urban Cowboy, or Excalibur. Maybe a rewatch is needed.

Also The Social Network.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Mindless action and overdone psychedelic effects pretty much from start to finish. Also, I don't see what's so special about the love interest, and the characters in general were one-dimensional.

@AlexH I agree with you on Brazil. It didn't seem anywhere near as brilliant as so many people seem to think.
And I agree with you on Scott Pilgrim. I have friends who love it, so I eventually gave in and watched it.

I have yet to see it, although it is on Netflix.

Have you ever had a movie you were convinced you would hate so put off watching; then when you did you loved it?

I hadn't bothered with The Rock's Jumanji as I couldn't imagine it would be any good compared to Robin Williams' original. When I did end up seeing it I loved it.

Something similar with GoT which I always assumed would be a poor imitation of LotR and Breaking Bad - a series about a teacher making drugs. Both I didn't watch until years after they came on tv, but both brilliant tv series.

I didn't watch it for about 5 years. (Not because i thought i wouldn't like it, i just lost interest in everything around that time.) I watched it and adored it.

Glengarry Glen Ross 1992. This film has a stellar cast and it won acclaim . But, I absolutely despise this film and every character in it.

The Shining, and pretty much every movie by Stanley Kubrick. I understand that he was very good with mise-en-scenes, but who cares? His movies are just so boring...

The Shining, and pretty much every movie by Stanley Kubrick. I understand that he was very good with mise-en-scenes, but who cares? His movies are just so boring...

Great visuals and some great scenes but not a great horror film and not really a good adaptation of Kings novel.

Thin Red Line by Terrance Malik. It's long confusing, uncertain and unfocused. I just don't see how anyone can like it.

I hadn't bothered with The Rock's Jumanji as I couldn't imagine it would be any good compared to Robin Williams' original. When I did end up seeing it I loved it.
I didn't quite understand why I enjoyed that film so much. I even groaned when I got dragged along to the sequel. And enjoyed that one just the same. Must've been some good writing.

Good shout with Taxi Driver. I saw it once and didn't think anything of it.

The Shape Of Water. I normally love Del Toro’s work and despite its lavish look, I found it to be a by the numbers production that offered little to rave about. I saw this film once and have no desire to watch it again.

Yes, I thought it was fine, but one of his weaker films. I wonder if the powers that be just thought that he was overdue an Oscar. It was one of those films where you recognise an actor and it's highly distracting: "Paddington's mum, what are you up to?!"

I didn't quite understand why I enjoyed that film so much. I even groaned when I got dragged along to the sequel. And enjoyed that one just the same. Must've been some good writing.

They 're pure escapist fun and in places, they're hilariously funny.:D:cool:

The Big Lebowski. I'm aware that airing this dirty secret is risking evrything, but I just don't get it, don't get what all the fuss is about. I mean, some of it is quotable and I quite enjoy the nihilists, but I just dunno. Must be something wrong with me.

O Brother Where Art Thou? though - I've watched that about thirty times.

The Big Lebowski. I'm aware that airing this dirty secret is risking evrything, but I just don't get it, don't get what all the fuss is about. I mean, some of it is quotable and I quite enjoy the nihilists, but I just dunno. Must be something wrong with me.
I'm with you. I don't get why people rate this film. I like a lot of the Coen Brothers' film but just not this one. Blood Simple stayed with me for a long time.

The Shape Of Water. I normally love Del Toro’s work and despite its lavish look, I found it to be a by the numbers production that offered little to rave about. I saw this film once and have no desire to watch it again.

I tried to watch that film .