What Fantasy or Science Fiction Worlds Would you like To step into And be a Character in?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
This can be a book , book series and individual stories . it can be films, TV series, Graphic Novels or Comic book, Computer games ect. And what sort of Character would you want to be in the story ? :)

It can be many chances as you want. :)

Hmm, 4 options spring to mind..

The obvious is Elric from Moorcocks Champion Eternals, I like the idea of being that bloody minded and destroying a multiverse or...
My fave TV character has always been Avon from Blakes 7, an uncaring psychopath and genius
or a second character from the serious played by Colin Baker of Doctor Who fame.. Bayban the Butcher ("Bayb" to his mother apparently)

In my own books the main bad guy ultimately is an artist called Lufgren Nemii, never appears you just hear about him in passing.
OIP.wRuCmd0ifCsuX-7IL5fvYAHaFj.jpg
ep3_6a.jpeg

I always wanted to be a Fremen in Dune.
I've wanted to retire Replicants.
I could spend a lifetime exploring Ringworld.
I would gladly be a science officer aboard a Federation vessel. Or Romulan.
Bringing justice to the streets of Mega-City One.

Probably Ransom in Ballard's The Drought or possibly Kerans in The Drowned World
The psychogeography of Ballard's apocalyptic worlds rather suits my loner personality. It's as though he crafted these places for me to find myself. A direct link between my spirit and the world, no longer constrained by society. I can also identify with the protagonist of "The Terminal Beach". Ballard knows my inner mind.

I'm something of a Furry, so I would like to be in S. Andrew Swann's Moreau Universe...not as a major character, but as someone trying to promote moreau rights.

I'd like to spend a night on the lash with Lister slagging Rimmer.
I totally misread that, but now totally approve :)

There are just too many good options to choose from really. I suppose if you're talking lifetime commitment to a part, you can't go wrong with wizard of some sort though. They have the beards and the staffs with knobs on afterall.

I also would enjoy a night on the tiles with Lister and Cat.

But my first choice is boring: an Earth based Federation civil servant (a filing clerk perhaps) during a time of extended peace for the Federation. With enough income that I can take my leave on Risa (provided I can land in a shuttle - no one is beaming me anywhere!)

I also would enjoy a night on the tiles with Lister and Cat.

But my first choice is boring: an Earth based Federation civil servant (a filing clerk perhaps) during a time of extended peace for the Federation. With enough income that I can take my leave on Risa (provided I can land in a shuttle - no one is beaming me anywhere!)
Whereas I would want to be the captain of my own ship plying the skies, getting into scrapes and generally misbehaving. Hmmmm... I may be confusing my universes. :unsure:;)

As for aspirations? The Stainless Steel Rat.
Love the Stainless Steel Rat books, I even have a stainless steel Rat tattooed on my arm, actually, its more biomechanical but the intention was there.
I have always wanted to know more about Star Trek's Department of Temporal Investigations, so would probably like to be an agent of theirs.

I would like to;

Be a ranger of the North in the second age, or
Be Philip Lynx, travelling the Commonwealth with my pet minidrag, or
Be able to explore Chalker's well-world, or
Get to hang out in Ankh-Morpork and explore the discworld, so long as I have smelling salts or a nosepeg to hand.

I always wanted to be a Fremen in Dune.
I've wanted to retire Replicants.
I could spend a lifetime exploring Ringworld.
I would gladly be a science officer aboard a Federation vessel. Or Romulan.
Bringing justice to the streets of Mega-City One.
Or, for me, any of the first four of Vince's thoughts. I was never into 2000AD though...

I wouldn't mind being an adventurer in the Hyborian Age of Conan and go on an adventure to a lost city of forbidden temple . :cool:

Back