Brave New World (TV Series)

Loved the Savage World enactment of what looked like Black Friday at Walmart, as well as the entire wedding crowd killing each with handguns they believed to be loaded with blanks. Very Westworld.
Alas, after watching the first two episodes, the wily people at NBC marketing have demanded payment to continue. Do I want to add yet another streaming bill to my monthly total because a single offering interests me? Hmm...

Okay, I watched some more. There is little else new to watch at the moment. It is slow, but it does have some merits - the Savage Lands Wedding, but also John mentoring Bernard to punch the new Director. It isn't much like the novel, Brave New World. The AI Indra makes it more like This Perfect Day, which I think is a problem, because to bring the system down they will need to bring Indra down, and not merely stop taking Soma. I didn't see the Westworld connection, but the yes, the wayward AI system in the TV series is similar. As I say, it is too slow for me, and why all the sex? Isn't there some coloured pill they could take to simulate that?

Now, I'm glad others have questioned the book versus program integrity.

Age being what it is, this isn't how I remember the book. (In fairness it must over 50 years ago so the memories are well and truely shot)

However, I'm sticking with it. I found it watchable. There are a few plot errors but nowhere near as glaring as Doc Who.

So, I watched this to the end. What I took away was this:
  • Indra could have been turned off/set free at any time, without all the civil unrest and murdering, but only that Mustafa Mond has some scruples about disconnecting her friends - people who were to all intents and purposes, just brains in a jar anyway.
  • There wasn't much wrong with the world before they began living on platforms in the sky controlled by an all-powerful AI - just as long as a free man is happy to live on roasted fish everyday.

And that was it. Nothing remotely like the book. Much more like the Uni in Ira Levin's This Perfect Day, but without the weather control.

1984,Brave New world & WE are great SF Classics. There is a sequel to 1984 by Anthony Burgess titled 1985.
1984 by Orwell ,the setting is supposed to be London in the year 1948.

I read 1984 and I started to enjoy it, if that's the right word. But then things turned sour really quickly and the ending was terrible. It went on bookmooch.

London's 1948 ,The Olympics, economic depression, The BBC. Foreign interventions,
Political grammer.