Did Lovecraft vote?

Extollager

My impression is that, while Lovecraft's political ideas may have changed during his life, what remained constant was scorn for popular democracy; he never believed in the ideals of a self-governing people, but always thought that governance/rule by an elite was better.

In any event, my question is simple, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone here can answer it: Is there firm evidence that Lovecraft voted?

Suspect Nyarlathotep would be the power behind the throne and who would run against him? Azathoth or maybe the Cthonians?

Nyarlathotep Elder god and incarnation of Chaos one can never trust him at all. Of that Pantheon , he is the closest to humanity in that he has a human incarnation. He understand mankind and uses that to manipulate humanity for his own amusement. He is evil and amoral , no question and, although he might serve the whims of Cthulhu and other members of the Pantheon, so long as their goals are in sync his. In truth , he's is no friend to them either . Like humanity, he has nothing but contempt for his fellow elder gods.

Last edited:
OK, fine, folks, but does anybody know if Lovecraft ever exercised his right to vote? : )

My impression is that, while Lovecraft's political ideas may have changed during his life, what remained constant was scorn for popular democracy; he never believed in the ideals of a self-governing people, but always thought that governance/rule by an elite was better.

In any event, my question is simple, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone here can answer it: Is there firm evidence that Lovecraft voted?

Correct. It was the nature of the elite that changed over his life: He went from supporting rule by an aristocracy to supporting rule by a meritocracy.

As I recall, he didn't vote in all elections. But in his last presidential election, he voted for Roosevelt and the New Deal.