The Walking Dead: World Beyond

So, how is it that Iris, who is supposed to be the whip-smart one in the group, shines so dimly as she enters a danger zone?
She enters a back door, which is ajar and letting a little sunlight into the murky interior, then slams it shut, cutting off the light and announcing her arrival.
Next, she turns on her handy flashlight, ensuring that anyone inside would be able to immediately pinpoint her position. Boo! She lights up a manikin and gives herself (and me) a jolt.
When she hears approaching footsteps, she presses herself against the wall to hide, yet keeps her flashlight lit and pointed at the ceiling. Here I am!
Is this just dumb direction or a brilliant attempt to show us that even the best and brightest can make mental errors in high-pressure situations? I'm going with the first possibility.

So, how is it that Iris, who is supposed to be the whip-smart one in the group, shines so dimly as she enters a danger zone?
She enters a back door, which is ajar and letting a little sunlight into the murky interior, then slams it shut, cutting off the light and announcing her arrival.
Next, she turns on her handy flashlight, ensuring that anyone inside would be able to immediately pinpoint her position. Boo! She lights up a manikin and gives herself (and me) a jolt.
When she hears approaching footsteps, she presses herself against the wall to hide, yet keeps her flashlight lit and pointed at the ceiling. Here I am!
Is this just dumb direction or a brilliant attempt to show us that even the best and brightest can make mental errors in high-pressure situations? I'm going with the first possibility.

As thick as two planks put together comes to mind.

Just finished the double-episode season finale. Looks like next season might be considerably broader in scope. I plan to keep watching.

Am I the only one still watching?
so Huck aka Jennifer is crm, murdered Tony, tried to kill Percy and framed Silas. I didn't see it coming.

Haven't read your post yet as I am just watching E7. I am finding it a struggle. Maybe it is my age and my lack of patience and understanding of what it was to be young once upon a time. Or maybe it is that I am struggling to understand how innocent these kids appear to be years into an apocalypse. Maybe this is their normal which would explain it. Or maybe it is just that I got used to badass youngsters like Carl, Alicia, Judith etc.

One other thought. TWD world has is set in the US however the feeling from the shows always felt more universal. The World Beyond does come across as a US teen show from the 90s or 00s and not that there is nothing wrong with that. I just get a feeling of Dawson's Creek in a zombie apocalypse.

The last 3 episodes saved the series for me. They were very good, the action picked up, the big reveal was genuinely a surprise. It has me looking forward to a 2nd season.

The second and final season launched Oct. 3, immediately following the TWD, which was the reason I caught it.
Why are surviving remnants of civilization, at all levels, so intent on destroying each other?
The Civic Republic Military, which made such a show of cooperation among surviving colonies in the first episode of the series, opens season two by wiping out the Omaha campus, home to the teenage main characters. Hints that the CRM was up to no good were frequent in the first season, but I don't understand why wholesale massacre was considered necessary.
They make the Whisperers seem like peace-loving naturalists by comparison.

OK I'm watching season two. I do feel this series is aimed at a younger viewer than the others in the franchise. It is not on a par with TWD or FTWD; the walkers/empties don't feel really threatening, the threat is more from the living.

Two things kept me watching last season Iris and Silas ( also I think the films will tie all three series and if I don't watch some things won't make sense) the others I couldn't care less. This season Hope is growing on me and episode three has reintroduced Elton.
Its not got the suspension edge of the seat drama of the original series have but it is entertaining in its own right.

The big reveal: Jadis (TWD's "trash lady), is in temporary command of the CRM research facility! Can the reappearance of Rick Grimes be far behind?

Last edited:
This has grown on me. A large part of this is the character development of the kids. They left campus with zero survival skills, yes they'd been trained but they had no practical skills and found it difficult to put down the empties. Iris, will become one hell of a leader if she grows up.

The return of a familiar face from TWD has made things interesting.

This is definitely getting interesting, Iris, see's what's needed and will do it at any cost.
I thought Jadis was a mole when she lead the trash people. I couldn't have been more wrong, she seen an opportunity to get into the CRM and took it.

This is definitely getting interesting, Iris, see's what's needed and will do it at any cost.
I thought Jadis was a mole when she lead the trash people. I couldn't have been more wrong, she seen an opportunity to get into the CRM and took it.
I noticed that, which made me wonder how she was able to contact the CRM when she had that opportunity.
I was also struck by how quickly Iris seems to have assumed leadership of the group -- even over her father and other adults.
Burn that place to the ground, girl!

Out of all the leaders we've seen, Rick, Maggie, Negan, Morgan, Virginia etc, she has the potential to be the best. She has compassion and a streak of ruthlessness that will do what's needed.

I'm impressed with the growth of the kids, adults feel two dimensional but the kids, when they left the campus they couldn't defend themselves. Well Silas probably could but the other three you would have laid money on them being killed.

Wow! Bye-Dr. Belshaw. You had it coming, and being eaten by one of your test subjects was classic poetic justice.
Jadis is one bad-ass b*tch. I think the only reason she hasn't executed Huck/Jennifer is Huck's status as Lt. Col. Kublek's daughter.
Her response to Silas describing his job as like working in a junk yard was funny, given her role on TWD. Her nasty haircut is no doubt designed to show she all business.

And suddenly it has gone from ya to coming of age with a bang.

To say Hope was the rebellious one and Iris the good girl before they left campus is an understatement but on the road we seen Iris grow and Hope a petulant teen.
Now Hope has grasped how evil the CRM is, the CRM need to be very afraid.