The Walking Dead: World Beyond

I opted out on seeing two star reviews. To be frank, the trailers didn't do me any good either. I just thought that it's not worth of time and effort. So, I let it roll past me and maybe watch it later as it's now in the AMZ Prime offerings as an original series. I wonder how much AMC is milking AMZ for TWD money?

I didn't like FTWD when it started, either, but it grew on me. I'll watch a few more installments of this one before I decide.

I didn't like FTWD when it started, either, but it grew on me. I'll watch a few more installments of this one before I decide.

I think the whole walking dead franchise universe has pretty much run its course.

Has there been a movie about a superhero zombie yet? Must be room for that before finishing the genres off.

I thought episode #1 was a bit slow, especially since it followed TWD s9, #16! Yet, episode #2 was much more interesting. Though I was a bit disappointed that when they were playing MONOPOLY I could not tell who had the car (my preferred piece) or even if it was an old set with the thimble or a new one with :poop:, instead.

But my big complaint is there was no TALKING DEAD!

I think there are different timelines; but even then RG was carried away in a helicopter in TWD.

Ok I'm watching, now it must be on a par with TWD time wise, so how come Campus Colony still has vehicles? The kids are naive, they have no survival skills. Surely they should be trained, TWD kids would be a lot more savvy.
I think they were trained, but not with real "empties."
It's one thing to be shown tactics, but it would be something else to actually shove one of those big switchblades into the head of a moving former human being. They may not have yet quite accepted that the empties/walkers are already dead.
They're getting there. :)

Yeah, I see this going down the same annoying path as Fear the walking dead. This, apparently, is the teenager edition as opposed to the dumb edition. I'll pass.

I am up to date on this now and I am finding it difficult to get into it. I like most of the characters. Hope, Iris and Silas are growing on me as is Buck. However it is glacial in its pacing. I believe they will pick it up as the last episode had signs of it.

Best bits are the revelatory scenes about the CRM which is a problem again for the The World Beyond. This show should stand on it's own feet rather than act as conduit for the TWD fans to find out more clues about Rick etc. Have to admit it is the only reason I am watching it.

Enjoyable in a superficial way. The empties don't seem as dangerous as the walkers we know and love.
Iris and Silas are growing on me, Hope and Elton are blah.

Looks like it should start picking up over the next few episodes.

Looks like it should start picking up over the next few episodes.
Famous last words uttered by me for the previous horrid spin off. Really folks, isn't it time to put this franchise to sleep. Honestly, it would be a mercy killing.

It's still on the bland side, but I continue to watch. I'm more curious about the surviving civilization than the kids' quest to find Dad.
How is the already psychologically fragile Hope going to handle knowing that the pregnant woman she killed was Elton's mother?