DISCUSSION THREAD -- October 2020 75 -Word Writing Challenge

All of them, I should think. What? Who said that?
BTW. Roland Rat??????????????

Still internet issues. Drat, and double drat.

@paranoid marvin I awoke to discover a vote. You made my cloudy day shine bright.

@Parson Thank you for the cool comments.

@Danny McG Horror tale at an early age. I couldn't stop thinking about your story after the first time I read it.

@Droflet Very sad and touching. My eyes were glassy.

And to the rest of you, thanks for the entertainment and scaring me. In a good way. Everyone creeped me out. Stay awesome!

Now so many have entered I am going to have to read them all again to decide??

Next time can we keep it down to maybe 10 entries? :)

God help me when it comes to the 300 worder, that will take me mucho longer.

Last edited:
Voted for @paranoid marvin. Rhyming stuff isn't usually my choice but his little ditty was well constructed and just right for the theme / genre.

As usual, there were a few I didn't understand (the curse of the 75 I think) and I couldn't see the theme 'Too Late' in a few either.

Still, well done one and all.

This was a very, very good crop of stories. I had a difficult time picking just one.

I voted for cómo el inglés llegó a hablar español. The story was really good, and I particularly enjoyed that closing line.

Honorable Mentions:
Rabbit in Wonderland. I thought it was a great use of minimalist description and a unique story.
How Did It Go Again? Loved the twist on a well-known fairy tale.
PREDATOR--Massacre at Jellystone Park for a pop culture crossover I honestly didn't think I'd ever see.

A diverse round. A lot of comedy on show and I have to say I was more drawn to that and the more interpretive takes on horror than the all-out gore fests (which probably means I'm not a horror fan). Shortlist below. Podium in bold. Even though it was the furthest thing from traditional horror, @jackwinabox57's tale struck me the deepest. Excellent work. Where have you been hiding? I'm not sure I've read any of your entries before.

@Ashleyne – Wickedly gruesome
@Victoria Silverwolf – Eloquent as always
@Danny McG – Hilarious! And typical Danny McG to completely pull the wool over the eyes off those expecting a twisted Cumbrian horror!
@Droflet – Tense and touching.
@wagtail – Vicious!
@Cat's Cradle – Absurdly funny!
@M. Robert Gibson – Twisted.
@Luiglin – Ooh, wicked!
@Marvin – Tragically moving.
@jackwinabox57 – Just beautiful.
@Astro Pen – Brilliant.
@paranoid marvin – Aptly titled!
@MikeAnderson – Genuinely horrific.
@TheEndIsNigh – A killer story!
@Peter V – I loved the dialogue.