DISCUSSION THREAD -- October 2020 75 -Word Writing Challenge

Shaping up to be a great contest, love some of the idea`s, keep reading them as they come in and thinking why hadnt I thought of that?

And we are only on day 2!

After a long absence I've thrown something together. But Kerry's entry makes me wonder why. Hey, why not?

Well that's another surprisingly early entry for me, but I thought I'd get it in before someone else used the same idea :sneaky:

Now I can devote more time to the 300 words...

@Danny McG .... Spade Baddies .... We have our first entry from a 7 year old. Go Danny! ---- (Did that seem too easy for you?)

@-K2- .... Of Futures Past .... Sometimes the greatest horror of the present is the future we helped to make and not the beasties who might inhabit it somewhere.

@BT Jones .... Alyssa
black heart.png
Jack ....
It's horrible the way the world swallows up love and buries it.
Err.. B.T. that was a hard title to duplicate!

@Droflet .... Salvation .... Sacrifice is more powerful than death or evil.

@Daysman .... Out of the Woods .... When there is no comprehension of the problem there's a problem.

@wagtail .... My Special Place .... Is a place of cold revenge and hot blood.

@Cat's Cradle .... “Running Won't Save You” .... The real curse of humanity is the inability to take wise advice and instead follow our own weird thoughts.

@M. Robert Gibson .... This Ain't No Picnic .... Don't be fooled by appearances of tranquility something evil this way comes.

@mosaix .... Anything For A Laugh… .... Terror smiles at fear and enjoys what comes next.

**** Stars, people! This challenge must be coming entirely too easy for a lot of us. We are more than a third of the way to the magic 42 in less than two days. The Parson in me doesn't want to meditate too long about that.

@Danny McG .... Spade Baddies .... We have our first entry from a 7 year old. Go Danny! ---- (Did that seem too easy for you?
I'm very annoyed at auto correct.
The title did say Spase Baddies. (Deliberate misspelling)
I noticed the Spade some hours later!

I'm very annoyed at auto correct.
The title did say Spase Baddies. (Deliberate misspelling)
I noticed the Spade some hours later!

Well, your spelling over the past half-century isn't quite there yet. But keep at it! Only 24 more letters to go ;)

K2

Found some inspiration on a morning hike today and dropped my 75’er shortly thereafter. I had to tread lightly..else...

Last edited:
wagtail powerfully conveys the desperation of the abused.

Cat's Cradle intriguingly portrays one whose misperceptions cause problems.

M. Robert Gibson wryly offers a gruesome ballad.

mosaix eerily probes into the roots of a common fear.

Bren G sardonically relates the follies of humanity.

Luiglin darkly delves into abnormal psychology.

Guttersnipe shockingly revises a familiar tale.

I'm in.
I've tried to remember it best as I can from 56 years ago!

Spase Baddies That was an unexpected gem. I think it's cool that you entered a story you wrote as a kid. Well played sir.

I must confess I remember a horror tale that I wrote and illustrated as a kid. It was inspired by Jaws.

Spase Baddies That was an unexpected gem. I think it's cool that you entered a story you wrote as a kid. Well played sir.

I must confess I remember a horror tale that I wrote and illustrated as a kid. It was inspired by Jaws.
Well, if you can get Jaws into the woods... Sharknado 87 anyone?

Back