DISCUSSION THREAD -- October 2020 75 -Word Writing Challenge

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
A little late but, courtesy of Moonbat, October's 75 Worder is now up OCTOBER 2020 75-Word Writing Challenge -- READ FIRST POST!!

Theme: Too Late​
Genre: Woodland Horror (add your own dripping blood...)​
No, I've no idea either, and if anyone wants to moan that it's perhaps not a recognised genre, I have only one word to say to that: Tudorpunk.

Good luck everyone. (And go easy on the chain saws...)

Well, the theme and the genre definitely go well together. And thankfully I live near several woodlands to plenty to draw inspiration...

To the trails and trees!

Okay mine is a bit of fun and based on a true story, anyone from Dundee and of an age, may even remember the incident?

And if asked, no I defo wasnt there, honest guv! :)

Last edited:
Hmm...how many fantasy writers can I enrage with this one? :unsure: *weg* :giggle::whistle:

K2

For some reason, a story just popped into my head so I entered it. It's probably dismal, because I haven't written any flash fiction in such a long time, but at least I'm in!

Being deeply out of touch, I just had to look up the definition of flash fiction (“...typically only a few hundred words long”). Perhaps the 75 word challenge is so ultra short that it needs its own category - maybe ultra flash, trash-flash, fewest, or blink fiction?

I meant to enter last month...just haven't had motivation at all. I don't know when I'll be able to get back to these, but perhaps...*sigh*

Being deeply out of touch, I just had to look up the definition of flash fiction (“...typically only a few hundred words long”). Perhaps the 75 word challenge is so ultra short that it needs its own category - maybe ultra flash, trash-flash, fewest, or blink fiction?
I've seen the terms nano-fiction and micro-fiction bandied about, and even drabble

:unsure:
For those of us who in indulge in flash fiction, does that make us flashers?

Umm .... What's Woodland Horror? A creepy horror tale set in the woods? Or is the tropes that have to be met?

Off to see if I can review stories in a genre that I am not certain about.

@Kerrybuchanan .... Rabbit in Wonderland ,,,, If wonderland was scary for Alice, please say a prayer for this rabbit.

@JJewel .... By the light of the silvery moon .... And now I wonder which moon was silvery.

@Wayne Mack .... Wolf Evolved .... A story where the cry of wolf came too late rather than too often.

@Ashleyne .... THE WOODCUTTERS .... And now we know why disco is truly dead.

Well okay...I'll just chuck my dark one out there, and save the goofy one I planned for after.

K2

Back