Season 3 of the Orville - When & Where to watch (spoilers)

Im rather disappointed that its on Hulu and not regular television.

They paid good money for it and they need good programming for their streaming business that is now competing with Netflix, Prime, Disney and Apple TV. And some of those platforms has locked down their programming with exclusives. Nothing you can do about it.

I heard they where in the middle of filming season 3 .And they shut down production. Temporarily.

Reactions: ctg
"All I can say is we're working on it," MacFarlane said. "We're working very hard. We got hit by this just like everyone else, but we are working on it. We will be back soon, folks. There has been a lot of speculation online: Will the show come back? The show is still a huge priority for me and for the cast and everyone else. We do have a season to finish, and we are going to finish it. For a show with a lot of prosthetic makeup that requires close contact, a lot of background artists, it's a big job, and you want to make sure you do it in a way that keeps everyone safe and secure. Once we have those protocols figured out, we will start up again and you will get more Orville."

Also if you're anxiously waiting and want more of their stories head to local comic shop and check for this

the-orville-artifacts-1-1278468.jpeg

The good news: The Orville finally has a return date! The bad news: it’s not until March 2022. For those who’d almost forgotten about the Seth MacFarlane sci-fi series—a Star Trek riff that ended up carving out its own corner of the lovable-weirdos-in-space genre—well, that’s not too surprising; the season two finale was all the way back in April 2019. In the interim, the show jumped from Fox to Hulu, and then the pandemic arrived to exponentially slow down the production process. But finally, a date announcement, along with this brief teaser!

To all the Orville fans: Thanks for being so patient with us as we’ve navigated the production challenges resulting from the ongoing covid-19 pandemic. As occasionally happens, our show has been repositioned amidst the ever-changing television schedule landscape, which means that the wait will be just a bit longer, and we’re now preparing for a June 2nd launch on Hulu. We’ve always promised you a television experience that will make it worth the wait, and we’re not wavering on that. We understand the frustration you’re feeling over more delays, so we want to give you a little taste of what’s to come. Here’s a sneak peek at the first few minutes of our season opener, and our new main title!

I don't know but I suspect that it's all due them never abandoning classical SF.
For me, they actually come across as actually liking Star Trek, whereas Kurtzman doesn't. Lower Decks suffers less from this because of Mike McMahan.

How can what started as a crass Next Generation parody turn out to be so much better than Kurtzman era Star Trek????

For season 2 , Seth Mcfarlane took the show in a more serious direction and it it worked The writing and story telling in season 2 is alot better then in season one. The Kaylon war made things quite interesting too because the common enemy theme changes the whole dynamic with the Krill.

Last edited:
Oh Goody !! Hope the comedy is kept, fed up with 24/7 replays of ST, Picard's humour was too dry. Unfortunately it'll probably 400 years before my TV station shows the new Orville series.

Was the designer of the Orville a Rolling Stones fan ????

Attachments

• Orville design concept.jpg
    Orville design concept.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Orville rear.jpg
    Orville rear.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: ctg
When The Orville: New Horizons arrives on Hulu this week, fans will notice a new face among Captain Ed Mercer’s (Seth MacFarlane) crew: Charly Burke, a young ensign whose navigational talents have landed her a spot on the bridge. In “Electric Sheep,” the first episode, we quickly get to know her—and her intense personality.

Without spoiling anything that happens in the episode, let’s just say Charly has been through a lot and she’s tough as nails as a result. But does she have a lighter side? “It’s possible,” actor Anne Winters (13 Reasons Why) told io9 at a recent Orville press day. “She definitely grows in the season and I’m excited for everyone to see her arc, because she has a massive storyline and is coming in with such a strong point of view ... but yeah, you might see a bit of a lighter side. I guess actually, I would really be curious to see what the audience has to say about that, because even Charly’s lighter side may not be super light.”

It should be available on Disney, since they were advertising it in the main banner

Adrianne Palicki doesn't have the most optimistic update about The Orville. In the latest episode of Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You podcast, Rosenbaum asked Palicki about The Orville by leading into the question about the series being one that she's currently part of and she quickly replied "No, no longer doing that" before elaborating that she doesn't know the show's Season 4 status and explaining that the show is very difficult to film as an actor.

"I don't know, truly, the answer to that. I think there's talk that it could possibly be something that certain people want to do, but it's a really difficult show to shoot, man. We shot 33 episodes in six years," Palicki said. (via TVLine).

"It became an actual issue because there would be so much time in between in between seasons because Set [MacFarlane] wanted to write everything himself. So, it would just take so much time. At one point, we were like we have to fight the studio to give us a holding fee or something. J. Lee was eating saltines and Gatorade at one point because we just couldn't afford anything. It was horrible."