What are Your Choices for the Best Most Memorable Moments and Scenes in all of Cinema ?

Terminator Genisys The battle of the two 800 old vs new. I love that scene and have a bit of soft spot for this film.:)

There are several scenes in Shane that are memorable but one really stands out for me.

The scene is in the bar, the camera is low to the floor looking up to the swing-doors in the far wall. In walks Jack Palance (the baddy as usual) with a lear that only he knew how to do. A dog near the camera gets up, wimpers, and with it's tail between its legs creeps from the room.

The dog deserves an Oscar.

The Wrath of Khan has one of Spock's dumbest/strangest lines. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." As though he wasn't going to die either way. As I recall, Nimoy uttered the same line in a Transformers film. Spock simply would not say anything so wrong as that. Similar to the overly redundant statement that was on the best birthday card I ever received "Annihilation, Jim. Total, complete, absolute annihilation." Such a character is known for his concise statement, never redundant.

Nazis at the Center of the Earth had a scene similar to the Futurama episode in which Bender sold his body. :ROFLMAO: In Futurama, Nixon's head had bought Bender's body, but ended-up attached to an enormous robot body. In Nazis-- a similar scene, with Hitler's head attached to a similarly huge robot body. Funny as ****! May have been funny only because I had seen Futurama, but I think as it was unexpected, it was funny even without having seen Futurama.

Airplane! was shown by TCM immediately followed by the film it parodied, Zero Hour! Watching these films in that order had me laughing at what was a very serious film. Every scene, item by item, was parodied by Airplane!

The Thing, the 1st remake. I 1st knew of this scene when a coworker described it to me. Horror though it may have been, I found it hilarious. So, they have the injured guy on the table, and the doctor is about to operate on him. Nothing funny about that. Suddenly the guy's chest opens and bits off the doctor's hands. Not funny, but when they decapitated the guy and the head sprouted spider-like legs, and scurried away, I just could not help but laugh my head off!

:LOL:

Oh, almost forgot about THE EVIL DEAD II! This made me laugh and angry at the same time, because I suffered a concussion when 2 or 3, and had involuntary movement on the left side. Thus, to me, it was mocking my disability, which reminded me of my Elementary school day, when others took pleasure in tormenting me. Dr. Strangelove had a scene with similar content. How I would have loved to cut off my entire left arm! But, seeing Ash's hand crawl across the floor, climb the tablecloth, coming to get him, made me laugh and angry; strange combination.

The end of WarGames when Mathew Broderick gets the WOPR to play Tic-Tac-Toe.

Would you like to play a nice game of chess?

Yes , The was a very intense scene. I loved that film . :cool:

Was recently watching Cinema Paradiso and I’d forgotten how touchingly beautiful the ending is. Toto watches the reel of film left to him by old Alfredo. What is on the reel is something that just leaves a lump in your throat (you need to have actually watched the movie for its significance. It won’t make sense just watching the ending).

One of my all-time favourite moments in one of my all-time favourite films :)

The confession scene in The Seventh Seal

The ending of Bicycle Thieves, 400 Blows, Yojimbo, The French Connection 2, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, Dr. Strangelove, and Gallipoli

The start of Touch of Evil, Yojimbo, Patton, and The Age of Innocence

The first park scene in Sundays and Cybele

The dance scenes in The River and The Great Dictator, the one in the rain in Singin' in the Rain

The factory scene in Modern Times

The battle on the ice in Alexander Nevsky

The sound studio scene in Blow Out

The robbery scene in Rififi

The attack on the village in Apocalyse Now

Mozart introduced to the Emperor and the Requiem composition scenes in Amadeus

The "cuckoo clock" dialogue in The Third Man

The juxtaposition scene of the prehistoric and the future in 2001

The seduction scene in The Graduate

The tracking scene involving the general and colonel in Paths of Glory

The USS Indianapolis account in Jaws

Numerous scenes in the Apu Trilogy, the Human Condition, Ivan the Terrible, Andrei Rublev, Beauty and the Beast (1946), Days of Heaven, Rear Window, Night of the Hunter, Ugetsu, La Dolce Vita, and Barry Lyndon

Quatermass and the Pit 1967 . The Martian capsule comes to life and all hell breaks lose in London. Then the ship transforms into pure energy , charing a catatonic Colonel Breen to death in the process then, the image of the horned devil appears in the sky .

Last edited:
Fred Astaire dancing to “Puttin’ On The Ritz” in Blue Skies, Tuco running around Sad Hill Cemetery to “The Ecstasy Of Gold” in The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, and the plane chase through the cornfield in North By Northwest. Would have added the door scene from The Haunting (original) but someone already beat me to it.

And for what it’s worth, I can watch the theme songs to the Man With No Name Trilogy over and over.

Although I don't think it's especially memorable, the single-take shot introducing the crew at the beginning of Serenity is impressive. There's an excellent scene in a hotel in The West Wing that's done in one take.

Also, pretty much anything inside the hotel in The Shining, especially Danny riding his trike down the corridors.

It is really two scenes, but the end of Show Me Love [ aka F*%&ing Åmål ]. Subtle, gently acting and had me cheering, when I first saw it.

Although I don't think it's especially memorable, the single-take shot introducing the crew at the beginning of Serenity is impressive. There's an excellent scene in a hotel in The West Wing that's done in one take.

Also, pretty much anything inside the hotel in The Shining, especially Danny riding his trike down the corridors.

Im not a great fan of Kubrick's film but, I have to admit , many of the scenes in that film are quite memorable. The scene with Danny ridding the trike , yes. Then he runs into the creepy twin ghost girls who, want him to come play with them and then, that scene cuts away for a few seconds and he sees both of them lying on the floor bloody and hacked to death.

It is really two scenes, but the end of Show Me Love [ aka F*%&ing Åmål ]. Subtle, gently acting and had me cheering, when I first saw it.
I rated that as one of my favourite films when I saw it, but it's been so long, I don't remember the ending specifically.

I rated that as one of my favourite films when I saw it, but it's been so long, I don't remember the ending specifically.
I think it is a great piece of writing and acting, where two people are finally honest with each other. Luckily someone has ripped it online...
I'd even cut it down to the final Hot Chocolate scene, but it kind of needs the build-up.

Back