What are Your Choices for the Best Most Memorable Moments and Scenes in all of Cinema ?

William Shatner's entrance in the film Airplane 2.

I was young at the time and laughed for about a minute after seeing the gag with the video screen:

I can't believe I forgot about this scene . Brilliantly funny stuff.:D William Shatner is great at comedy ! :cool:

All of The Big Lebowski.

Inglorious Basterds, a somewhat silly film with two scenes of genius where Tarantino builds tension with just the excellently written dialogue and pure acting skill.

plus many others already mentioned.

Can't believe it took me this long to find this thread!

The Great Dictator -- Chaplin's speech at the end, just as relevant today as it was 80 years ago.

Contact -- the opening sequence, starting in Earth's orbit and pulling back and, at the same time, traveling back in time with the transmissions.

Both great scenes ! :cool:

Christine when she repairs herself. “Show Me”.

The Empire Strikes Back has many great scenes, but my favourite was Vader’s “Bring my Shuttle” scene in the original cut. So much rage and disappointment edited out. I also loved the Falcon’s return to cloud city to rescue Luke. The loop over the cloud was really understated and beautifully done.

I loved the auto gun scene from the Directors Cut of Aliens. A low key scene filled with tension.

Conan The Barbarian 1982 Conan Running from wolves falls into the Tomb of the Giant , light a fire and finds the sword . That entire scene and the ways it unfolds is so well done. It's magical and majestic and powerful .:cool:(y)

Conan The Barbarian 1982 Conan Running from wolves falls into the Tomb of the Giant , light a fire and finds the sword . That entire scene and the ways it unfolds is so well done. It's magical and majestic and powerful .:cool:(y)
Very. I would also add Conan's encounter with the witch and subsequent meeting of Subotai.

Oh, and Conan and Subotai's discussion about their gods and their relative strengths. I always thought it was an interesting exchange and Conan's expression of scepticism fit Conan's character perfectly.

Very. I would also add Conan's encounter with the witch and subsequent meeting of Subotai.

Oh, and Conan and Subotai's discussion about their gods and their relative strengths. I always thought it was an interesting exchange and Conan's expression of scepticism fit Conan's character perfectly.

There is so much to like in that film

King Osric lamenting about the downside of being a King once one achieves that goal. Max Von Sydow played that role brilliantly and memorably .

I won’t go into Star Wars as there are soooo many across 11 films.

I particularly like the appearance of The Elizabeth Dane in The Fog.

‘That’ scene in Hereditary and the end of Midsommar which brings me to the end of The Wicker man.

Then there’s the first brachiosaurus, the raptors in the kitchen and the T-Rex breaking free in JP.

The door in The Haunting of Hill House (R.wise)

Altho it gets a lot of stick, the red eyes and pig in the original Amityville Horror really affected me as a kid.

The ending camera sweep in Boys on the Side.

The kiss in A Room With a View.

The ending to Frank Darabont’s the Mist

The three UFOs on the bend in the road by the MacDonald’s hoarding in CE3K during the police chase.

I have so many but I’ll stop here.

Edit. Using a phone to post on Chrons is a nightmare

He had little competition. I say this as fact. It was a dreadful movie and even Max couldn't save that puppy.

He had little competition. I say this as fact. It was a dreadful movie and even Max couldn't save that puppy.

Ive seen it a number of times over the years . Granted It's not academy award winning material , but it does have entertainment value. It's campy fun.:D

Soylent Green, specifically the ending. “it’s people! Soylent Green is people!”

I thought that the autogun scene in Aliens was pretty tense. ”Man, it must be wall to wall in there.”

Blade Runner 2049 had some great scenes.

Seeing Pandora for the first time in Avatar Was pretty cool. I waited ages to see that movie, wished I’d seen it at the cinema,

The visuals were impressive in that film . Unfortunately , that's about all that film had going for it.

Back