This section seems to be struggling, what can re-vitalise it?

JJewel

Douglas Morrison
Supporter
I am a huge HP fan and would love to see the comments flying in this section, what would make a difference?... we run an online RPG game of Call of Cthulhu on it? or we throw ideas together and write a book or at least create a story for a Lovecraft book?

On the second I write Mythos stories so should not be to difficult to put a book together as a group fan effort?

Attachments

• H14-3.JPG
    H14-3.JPG
    669.3 KB · Views: 196
Actually as a continuation on my above words, both are good ideas?
1. Has anyone every written a group story in a forum here?
2. Their is a diceless roleplaying system could be used to run a COC game easily enough just for weirdness?
3. Or if anyone has other suggestions?

If you mean one story written by several members, eg taking it in turns to add paragraphs or characters, then some have been attempted in the Workshop section of the Writing Forums (which is where any further attempt should be made) but they've all fizzled out, some of them within mere days of starting. Otherwise there are threads in Playrooms which take the form of extended narratives where members take on specific personae, though these are played strictly for laughs/amusement.

By the way, you've perhaps not noticed, but it is possible to edit one's post within an hour of making it, and it's usually best to use that facility rather than have consecutive posts inside a few minutes which we try to discourage.

If you mean one story written by several members, eg taking it in turns to add paragraphs or characters, then some have been attempted in the Workshop section of the Writing Forums (which is where any further attempt should be made) but they've all fizzled out, some of them within mere days of starting. Otherwise there are threads in Playrooms which take the form of extended narratives where members take on specific personae, though these are played strictly for laughs/amusement.

By the way, you've perhaps not noticed, but it is possible to edit one's post within an hour of making it, and it's usually best to use that facility rather than have consecutive posts inside a few minutes which we try to discourage.
Okay consider it noted, sorry about that I was aware it was possible but it was a flow of conscious moment, I will keep my conscious unflowing from now on :)

And to clarify on the single story, many entities involved, I meant that as a group we shape a story and the results and then it is written for the heck of it.

I’m of the notion that this forum may have gone a little too far in creating so many author -specific sub forums. You really have to seek these out and so there’s not nearly as much traffic, particularly from newcomers or casual fans who aren’t necessarily looking specifically for lovecraft discussion but might be willing to engage if they came across it.

I’m of the notion that this forum may have gone a little too far in creating so many author -specific sub forums. You really have to seek these out and so there’s not nearly as much traffic, particularly from newcomers or casual fans who aren’t necessarily looking specifically for lovecraft discussion but might be willing to engage if they came across it.
Their is a lot of forums yes but equally how do you compress so many diff subjects and interests?

I respectfully disagree. I would be sorry to see the existing arrangement collapsed into smaller numbers of subforums. It's much easier to find what you want as is.

I am a huge HP fan and would love to see the comments flying in this section, what would make a difference?

Look over the many, many discussion topics on HPL that have already been started and reactivate the ones that interest you by posting a new comment. We've had threads on Lovecraft's philosophical project, his interest in the "old weird America," his imitators, and bunches more. There is a lot of good material there and not all of those threads are talked out yet.