Book where people die and are recruited as hunters/fighters and they track down others or go on missions.

Cass

This is a book I read a a while ago (2016-17?). The main plot line was from the pov of a girl who from what I remember takes care of a new male recruit.

The main girl died when she was young and had been there for a while. The company/lab takes them in and brings them almost back alive. They can regenerate/heal themselves too. I remember one of the lines from a training scene where a character says something along the lines of ‘her mentor shot her until she wasn’t scared’ in reference to her being able to take bullets.

I also remember a scene where in the cafeteria one of the people ( I think a girl) went crazy and was shot.
I remember people who were still alive-and living normally-hating their kind, and in the first scene the main girl chases down another girl after killing a man (?) and takes joy in chasing her down. I’m also pretty sure that it was said the longer you have been dead the less human you are.

Back