Space-based Cosmic Horror

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
I suppose Lovecraft isn't subtle enough for you? Or not science fiction enough?
Edit: I once read a novel about a "horror" type vampire on a starship. He met a "psychic vampire" type entity and mentioned that he had never met a vampire before.
I wasn't crazy about the book and don't remember any more of it.
Lifeburst by Jack Williamson to lovecraftain but fits into to Cosmic horror category.

hitmouse

I suppose Lovecraft isn't subtle enough for you? Or not science fiction enough?
Edit: I once read a novel about a "horror" type vampire on a starship. He met a "psychic vampire" type entity and mentioned that he had never met a vampire before.
I wasn't crazy about the book and don't remember any more of it.
Remind me of the Lovecraft novels set in space, please.

StilLearning

Supporter
Lovecraft also wrote a few things in terrestrial, but very solidly sci-fi, settings. At The Mountains Of Madness probably counts (derelict alien city in Antarctica), and Shadow Out Of Time is another (set partly in the deep past, in an alien city, populated by creatures that transmit their minds across the universe in a way that ishly foreshadows the 'hyperspace re-sleeving' of the R. Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs novels).

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Lovecraft also wrote a few things in terrestrial, but very solidly sci-fi, settings. At The Mountains Of Madness probably counts (derelict alien city in Antarctica), and Shadow Out Of Time is another (set partly in the deep past, in an alien city, populated by creatures that transmit their minds across the universe in a way that ishly foreshadows the 'hyperspace re-sleeving' of the R. Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs novels).
And Cthulhu and brethren are aliens from the stars.