The Touch by F. Paul Wilson (1988)

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
The third F Paul Wilson book I've read and another good one. A bit slow to get started with an early chapter that I found a bit dull and irrelevant, but it soon got interesting. The British doctor in the story was a bit over done (bloody this, bloody that) but he wasn't detrimental to the story and in fact became an important character.
Alan Bulmer is a highly respected Doctor who prides himself on his hands-on approach to his patients, earning him respect and a high reputation. Then one day he comes across a vagrant in the hospital who puts his hand on the doctor, and his life changes forever...

I look forward to reading some more of his (and I need to get some Repairman Jack books, I've only read one in that series (The Tomb, from 1984).
IMG_20200826_144233-01_copy_768x1178.jpeg

I read this last year as part of my 2019 reading goal to read the Adversary Cycle books I missed.

It was let down in places by some cliche sentimentality, but F. Paul Wilson writes well and I find his books very easy to read. Are you going to read further into the cycle, AE35Unit?

I read this last year as part of my 2019 reading goal to read the Adversary Cycle books I missed.

It was let down in places by some cliche sentimentality, but F. Paul Wilson writes well and I find his books very easy to read. Are you going to read further into the cycle, AE35Unit?
Yes but I'm missing the next book so I'll wait until we get a copy so I can continue.

Back