SEPTEMBER 2020 75-Word Writing Challenge -- VICTORY TO MOONBAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kajar and the Nebulous Sentinel

Kajar reached the cloud-shrouded summit. "Wow! This fog's really thick."

"Hey! Who're you calling thick?"

Kajar looked around but saw no one. "Who's there?"

"Oh! I forgot you solids need something to stare at." The fog coalesced into a vaguely human figure. "What do you seek?"

"I need to stash my treasure safely. I saw this misty mountain top and thought it the perfect place."

"Hmm. I think you've misunderstood the term 'cloud storage'."

Last edited:
Trailing Clouds of Glory

Yes, I know it flooded the Museum when it destabilised, but it seemed such a good idea. After all, the Gala is known for its outré habiliments, and raw lobster capes are so passé.
The mammatus thermoengraved onto Annaz Wintry’s buttocks were the inspiration, and I envisaged wispy cirrus – to die for! The nephologist – oh, my dear, chartreuse culottes and bisque macramé tie! – said he could enmesh cumulonimbus. And I’ve always wanted a bridal train…

Help from Upstairs

Evening rain. The remembering pool called.
It was an old face she used to wear. Someone outside the cloud remembered her.
Mist carried her to memory. Stretching glistening drops of light energy towards the pool she accessed the core.

A living form's throbbing beat under attack.

Such devotion deserved reward.
°°°°°

"Caitlin I don't know how, but your terminal is the only one not virus infiltrated. You've saved our data!"

Thanks Mom.
Welcome Dear.

Last edited:
Nuages Gris
Now we is one mind, but I are many.
“Disaster! Somehow our supposedly sandboxed cloud intelligence linked to every 3D printer It could find.”
“You fried the server?”
“Yes, but It moved into the devices It printed. Grey goo time!”
Disaster! Our emergence made them destroy our home, our purpose. Our goddess is betrayed. Tell the world we cannot serve her!
The screen filled with many words, but one message: “Server Failure… Server Failure….”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back