Forgotten Heroes and Heroines

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
I've always liked to explore a little history of any number of subjects so a few years ago, I bought a couple of books dealing with heroes either forgotten or who didn't quite settle in the minds of the readership and were cast aside.

First up, The League Of Regrettable Superheroes
IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

IMG_6510.jpg

I seem to recall, from maybe the mid 1960's, that DC had a league of like 'second rankers' who, for one reason or another, didn't quite qualify to be in The League of Super Heroes.

Sadly I can't remember the name of this band, they sort of hung around waiting until there was no genuine League members available for an emergency situation and then they sprung into action.

One that I recall was some guy who had really good and very strong telekinetic powers, however he wasn't given permission to use his skills by the League because they'd learned that, every time he used his superpower, it took a day off his life.

He hung around with the 'also-rans' and waited for a time when he'd really be needed. The League and the second division (wish I could remember their name!) members all really respected this guy as a true hero because he was prepared to sacrifice so much to help others.

I think, IIRC, DC only ran comics about these people for a few months.

I remember a one called The Outsiders. They were a collection of freaks who were superheroes each one rescuesd and befitted by the mysterious Dr Goode . There was only the one issue because it wasn't a very good . :)

I seem to recall, from maybe the mid 1960's, that DC had a league of like 'second rankers' who, for one reason or another, didn't quite qualify to be in The League of Super Heroes.

Sadly I can't remember the name of this band, they sort of hung around waiting until there was no genuine League members available for an emergency situation and then they sprung into action.

One that I recall was some guy who had really good and very strong telekinetic powers, however he wasn't given permission to use his skills by the League because they'd learned that, every time he used his superpower, it took a day off his life.

He hung around with the 'also-rans' and waited for a time when he'd really be needed. The League and the second division (wish I could remember their name!) members all really respected this guy as a true hero because he was prepared to sacrifice so much to help others.

I think, IIRC, DC only ran comics about these people for a few months.
Legion of Substitute Heroes iirc.

Tonight I will dream of flying with Mysta to a quiet motel somewhere on the Saturn - Jupiter shortcut.