HBO's Raised by Wolves - Dark SF series

Reading the comments, people really liked it.

What's that they say? "Ain't no accountin' for taste?", or something like that.
Considering the steep downhill slide the series took in season one, season two has no place to go but up.
The show had a lot of promise in the initial episodes. I'd be willing to watch a few more to see if it redeems itself.

Reactions: ctg
To be honest, I'm really surprised to see the 3k viewer numbers in the episodic threads. When we wrote the comments, it barely went over a hundred.

Gluten for punishment that I am, I imagine that I'll at least give the second season a go. It's got to be better than Invasion. :censored:

It is better than Invasion even with the weird stuff. Thing is when it goes bonkers, the bonkers bit can be somehow explained, where as the Invasion stuff is just a big... open... question. And the series doesn't engage, where as in here we can at least root for the daddy-o and maybe Mum as well.

Let's also hope that we don't go into the snake stuff or if they do, they'll provide some plausible explanation, because the flying eel is so out of everything.

Apparently the flying alien sucker snake (FASS)—which had rapidly grown to an alarming size in the final scene—is going to be a major part of the overall narrative arc for S2. This was not welcome news, especially since the ultimate fates of Mother and Father remained ambiguous. Fortunately, this teaser confirms that the pair will be back in full force for the second season, and there's barely a hint of the FASS to be seen, apart from a brief glimpse of a snake figure painted on a rock.

The snake playing a major role is rumour, but it might not be. We'll have to see where they're going to take this ... at least for a couple of episodes.

I can't take it seriously, but I might watch S2 for laughs. The ending of S1 became so ludicrous that I really can't imagine where it can possibly go next. I think "...another wild, crazy) possibly maddening) ride..." is an accurate description. The flying alien sucker snake (FASS) is likely to be the explanation for the deep, well-like tunnels into the planet (that they inextricably failed to investigate during their 10 years).

The flying alien sucker snake (FASS) is likely to be the explanation for the deep, well-like tunnels into the planet (that they inextricably failed to investigate during their 10 years).
It's a good suggestion, but we have to get more evidence about it. But you're also right that we shouldn't watch this seriously. Instead we should take it with humour and apply the Preacher mindset for expecting the unbelievable.

Last edited:
Back in 2020, HBO Max released the sci-fi series Raised by Wolves. From producer Ridley Scott and creator Aaron Guzikowski, the series starred Amanda Collin and Abubakar Salim a pair of androids, respectively named Mother and Father, tasked with raising a group of human children following Earth’s cataclysmic end. If you were hoping for more of it after its second season premiered back in February, you’ll be displeased to learn that it’s been canceled.

Variety broke the news on Friday, confirming HBO Max’s decision to not continue the series . In a statement provided to Variety, the streamer said thanked the cast, crew, Ridley, Guzikowski, and co-EP David Zucker for their work on the series. “While we are not proceeding with a third season of Raised by Wolves, we are beyond grateful...for their beautiful artistry and unique ability to immerse fans into the world of Kepler-22b.”