Isaac Asimov or Frank Herbert, Who is Greater?

CW (C for CBS and W for Warner) is the merger between Warners Brothers Network (WB) and United Paramount Network (UPN). It is a free streaming tv channel with old and new programs. Has programs like Superman & Lois, Batwoman, Kung Fu, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, Charmed, All American, Riverdale, Kung Fu, Legacies, Nancy Drew, Batwoman, DC's Stargirl, Roswell. The web site says Tom Swift will be showing soon. The original concepts for stories like Nancy Drew and Tom Swift are turned upside down by including unexplained phenomena to make them more interesting, and I guess more saleable as paranormal shows. The new Kung Fu show is on its 3rd season. It is described as reimagined scripting with a heroine instead of a hero, instead of a reboot like Swift and Drew, which apparently means no unexplained phenomena.

CW (C for CBS and W for Warner) is the merger between Warners Brothers Network (WB) and United Paramount Network (UPN). It is a free streaming tv channel with old and new programs. Has programs like Superman & Lois, Batwoman, Kung Fu, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, Charmed, All American, Riverdale, Kung Fu, Legacies, Nancy Drew, Batwoman, DC's Stargirl, Roswell. The web site says Tom Swift will be showing soon. The original concepts for stories like Nancy Drew and Tom Swift are turned upside down by including unexplained phenomena to make them more interesting, and I guess more saleable as paranormal shows. The new Kung Fu show is on its 3rd season. It is described as reimagined scripting with a heroine instead of a hero, instead of a reboot like Swift and Drew, which apparently means no unexplained phenomena.

Ive largely stopped watching CW.

"I really like Asimov's science books, he was really good at explaining things".

He was. I've got the manuscript of his Text 'The Human Body'..
There are amazingly few handwritten edits in it.

In my opinion, Frank Herbert is "greater" than Isaac Asimov, only because of the extent to which his ideas and philosophies have appeared/manifested in the mainstream. I could (of course) be wrong here, in a number of ways. But I feel that, as both authors are true Science Fiction masters, either in their own way(s), it is my observation that Frank Herbert's influence is many magnitudes greater than that of Isaac Asimov. Just putting these thoughts out there.

In my opinion, Frank Herbert is "greater" than Isaac Asimov, only because of the extent to which his ideas and philosophies have appeared/manifested in the mainstream. I could (of course) be wrong here, in a number of ways. But I feel that, as both authors are true Science Fiction masters, either in their own way(s), it is my observation that Frank Herbert's influence is many magnitudes greater than that of Isaac Asimov. Just putting these thoughts out there.

Ye, . but Asimov did have more top selling science fiction books than Herbert. Not to knock Herbert who wrote other good books . He's only really had one enduing science fiction hit and that was Dune.

Nest up season 2 of the Foundation Series and part 2 of Dune will soon be. in the theaters.

What does the reader want?

Asimov is more what I would call "scientifically intellectual". Foundation is mentioned constantly but the Robot series and all of his non-fiction matters also.

Dune is more "literary" with leanings toward medieval style fantasy. I have read other stuff by Herbert but it is all overshadowed by Dune, like Dune is all that really matters.

The "literary" people invaded sci-fi in the 60s but Asimov had a reputation before then. To me SF is not about being literary but everything has been lumped into "speculative fiction", like SF, fantasy and horror should be lumped together.

Asimov vs Herbert is an artificial competition but I would vote for Asimov.

We have Foundation the tv series and Dune the film all happening at the sam time

The beat goes on. :)

Giants both. I often wonder what kinds of books they'd both be writing if they were both still with us .