Isaac Asimov or Frank Herbert, Who is Greater?

Robert Zwilling

Supporter
CW (C for CBS and W for Warner) is the merger between Warners Brothers Network (WB) and United Paramount Network (UPN). It is a free streaming tv channel with old and new programs. Has programs like Superman & Lois, Batwoman, Kung Fu, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, Charmed, All American, Riverdale, Kung Fu, Legacies, Nancy Drew, Batwoman, DC's Stargirl, Roswell. The web site says Tom Swift will be showing soon. The original concepts for stories like Nancy Drew and Tom Swift are turned upside down by including unexplained phenomena to make them more interesting, and I guess more saleable as paranormal shows. The new Kung Fu show is on its 3rd season. It is described as reimagined scripting with a heroine instead of a hero, instead of a reboot like Swift and Drew, which apparently means no unexplained phenomena.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
CW (C for CBS and W for Warner) is the merger between Warners Brothers Network (WB) and United Paramount Network (UPN). It is a free streaming tv channel with old and new programs. Has programs like Superman & Lois, Batwoman, Kung Fu, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, Charmed, All American, Riverdale, Kung Fu, Legacies, Nancy Drew, Batwoman, DC's Stargirl, Roswell. The web site says Tom Swift will be showing soon. The original concepts for stories like Nancy Drew and Tom Swift are turned upside down by including unexplained phenomena to make them more interesting, and I guess more saleable as paranormal shows. The new Kung Fu show is on its 3rd season. It is described as reimagined scripting with a heroine instead of a hero, instead of a reboot like Swift and Drew, which apparently means no unexplained phenomena.

Ive largely stopped watching CW.

JimC

"I really like Asimov's science books, he was really good at explaining things".

He was. I've got the manuscript of his Text 'The Human Body'..
There are amazingly few handwritten edits in it.

JimC

Indeed so.

'Against the Fall of Night' and 'The City and the Stars' are both still two of the best novels of all time.

bretbernhoft

Bret Bernhoft
In my opinion, Frank Herbert is "greater" than Isaac Asimov, only because of the extent to which his ideas and philosophies have appeared/manifested in the mainstream. I could (of course) be wrong here, in a number of ways. But I feel that, as both authors are true Science Fiction masters, either in their own way(s), it is my observation that Frank Herbert's influence is many magnitudes greater than that of Isaac Asimov. Just putting these thoughts out there.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
In my opinion, Frank Herbert is "greater" than Isaac Asimov, only because of the extent to which his ideas and philosophies have appeared/manifested in the mainstream. I could (of course) be wrong here, in a number of ways. But I feel that, as both authors are true Science Fiction masters, either in their own way(s), it is my observation that Frank Herbert's influence is many magnitudes greater than that of Isaac Asimov. Just putting these thoughts out there.

Ye, . but Asimov did have more top selling science fiction books than Herbert. Not to knock Herbert who wrote other good books . He's only really had one enduing science fiction hit and that was Dune.