Looking for a Film to watch, any recommendations?

CriticalCarrot

I'm preferably looking for a sci-fi/horror film, I've seen quite a lot of the genre but I feel like I could see a lot more.

Try this if you haven’t seen it yet:
7FB2F280-3A2E-480D-8831-935CD2EABE28.jpeg

X From the Unknown
The Quatermass Experiment'
Quatermass II
Quatermass and the Pit
Mantango a k a Attack of the Mushroom People
Planet of the Vampires
The Flame Barrier
The Thing that Couldn't Die
Gait From the Unknown
The Colossus of New York
Creature
Night of the Comet
With of the Creeps
Wolfen
Black Sabbath
Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde
The Monster that Challenged the World
The Four Skulls of Johnathan Drake
Prince of Darkness
The Mouth of Madness
Bodyparts

It's September 2, 2020.
*My suggestion is a 2019 movie called an "Alita battle Angel".
Classic. And...a lot of people have not seen it I'm guessing!!

Predestination
Project Almanac
Moon
The Battery
Safety Not Guaranteed
The Omega Man.
Logans Run
Europa Report

How are you with Foreign Language movies as there are a few great ones out there.

The Last Days
Cargo
Aniara
Rec
Delicatessen.
Train to Busan.

The Thing from Another World [1951], just a good romp, with some of the best ever film dialogue.
Curse/Night of the Demon [1957], actually scared me the first time I saw it.
Cat People [1942], film-noire as fantasy-horror.
And if you can find it [relatively] uncut...
Freaks [1932], still a surprising if not shocking film.

Last edited:
These films are classics, and rightly so. I expect that we could make a long list of others too, but if you want to see something newer then the most recent films I have watched on Netflix were The Old Guard and Project Power. I haven't ventured out to the cinema yet since lockdown, but cinemas are open again, and I have heard really good things about Tenet, Christopher Nolan's most recent film that is showing in cinemas right now.

Oblivion is interesting cinema.
Even if the whole film seems like its something a vampire voodoo priest would suck out of the repairman jack novels.
But then it does star Tom Cruise.

The Thing from Another World [1951], just a good romp, with some of the best ever film dialogue.
Curse/Night of the Demon [1957], actually scared me the first time I saw it.
Cat People [1942], film-noire as fantasy-horror.
And if you can find it [relatively] uncut...
Freaks [1932], still a surprising if not shocking film.

Night of the Demon is an awesome film, among my top 5 horror films. It's an adaptation of MR James' short story Casting the Runes.

Another couple of favourites of mine that are a little more obscure are Time Bandits (more fantasy than scifi) and another couple of MR James' Oh Whistle (the Michael Hordern version) and A View From a Hill.

Night of the Demon is an awesome film, among my top 5 horror films. It's an adaptation of MR James' short story Casting the Runes.

Another couple of favourites of mine that are a little more obscure are Time Bandits (more fantasy than scifi) and another couple of MR James' Oh Whistle (the Michael Hordern version) and A View From a Hill.
I'll out the two MR James films. I think I've seen A view from a hill many years ago..
As for Time Bandits? I spent [pocket] money to see that in the local fleapit with my friends. A great afternoon was had by all.

Me, really. I haven't seen it for maybe 30 years when we had a copy on VHS.

I must address that, actually.

if you a really full of the wall film , ive got just the film for you Darkstar 1974. This film ia one the best science fiction comedies of all time and it it one part cautionary tale , which I will reface form telling you if you haven't already seen this kooky wonderful film .:D

Not much remembered now, I think, The Hidden with Michael Nouri and Kyle MacLachlan. Not great, but pretty good s.f./horror, with Chris Mulkey, among others, including (I think) Claudia Christian's feature film debut. Another is Strange Invaders with Paul Le Mat; again, not great but fun if you can tolerate '80s s.f. Similarly, Super 8, a 2000s pastiche of '80s s.f., and Spielberg in particular, is enjoyable.

Randy M.