Sci/Fi novel about little aliens who try to figure out the world through someones mind

LittleAlienMan

I have been searching for this book with no luck for about a week now, hopefully I can get some help here. My co worker was telling about a book he read a few years ago. It was 300-400 pages long. He doesn't remember the author only that it was a man and he thinks either the first or last name started with a P. The author was also about 30-40 years old. And he knows that the writer was not Stephen King. My coworker also found this book in the library. The plot (how he remembers it) was this guy found this rock in the middle of the woods took it home, went to bed, and when he woke up there were voices in his head. These voices knew nothing about the world, and every time they spoke the font became this handwritten kind of scrawl. The main character starts to teach them about the world, accepting that there are aliens speaking in his head, and then he realizes that they are aliens. He goes into the woods and finds them, they are small aliens and they are building a space craft to get back to their mother ship. There is also a lot of cursing in this book.

Sorry for the word vomit of information. My coworker said that he thinks the title is the name of the aliens all he remembers is that it was catchy, but he doesn't remember what the cover looks like. I will try to answer any questions and edit with any information I remember. Thanks for the help!

Back