George Turner?

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
Was doing a search for space opera and came upon a book by this author who I'd not heard of, called The Sea and Summer. It is part of the SF Masterworks series and won the Arthur C Clarke award. Strangely it doesn't look like SF tho it is set in the 25th century. Anyone read it?

Genetic Solder . Ive never read hum. but have heard good things about him. Ive got hard cover edition to one of books somewhere:unsure:

Yeah, I read it way back, the Aussies on the dole with no chance ever of work are 'The Swill'.
The ones with steady jobs are 'The Sweet' and they have different levels according to their income.

A young but very clever Swill kid tries to infiltrate as part of the revolution, he's helped by a low level Sweet girl who has the hots for him.

In his tower block is the local criminal mastermind, he decides to use the kid like Fagin did to Oliver, all against a climate change background

I read one of George Turner' s short stories
Really good. Aussie Space Station and an ET.

Yeah, I read it way back, the Aussies on the dole with no chance ever of work are 'The Swill'.
The ones with steady jobs are 'The Sweet' and they have different levels according to their income.

A young but very clever Swill kid tries to infiltrate as part of the revolution, he's helped by a low level Sweet girl who has the hots for him.

In his tower block is the local criminal mastermind, he decides to use the kid like Fagin did to Oliver, all against a climate change background
That sounds a lot like 1984! I just hope its not as dull.