August / September 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion Thread

Diary entry 950: More than rain kills in a 3 year deluge. Much more, it would seem.

A little disappointed with the number of entries. Maybe everyone else got scared off by the quality of those that did enter ;)

Honorable mentions
Cautionary Tales
Isle of Man

Runner-up
Rained Down From the Heavens

Vote
"Wrath of the Gods"

Yeah, not sure why there wasn't more interest here. The topic was ripe for multiple interpretations. There were plenty of great ideas and novel twists but I voted for Underworld. I just liked the feel of it and the concept of the entities benefiting from something others might consider a disaster.

Short list:
Hellfire
Country of the Dammed
Isle of Man

Very Close Runner Up: Cryin'

Vote: Not a Dry Eye in the House

Let the guessing begin.

Two participants wrote at least two stories.

AUTHOR LIST (with one red herring):
AMB
Astro Pen
BT Jones
chrispenycate
Danny McG
Days man
elvet
Guttersnipe
Ian Fortytwo
-K2-
MikeAnderson
M.Robert Gibson
Narcissus
Victoria Silverwolf

STORY LIST (in order of submission):
Hellfire
Wrath of the Gods
Cautionary Tales
Cabin Fever
Not a Dry Eye in the House
Fool In The Rain
Hillside Avalanche
Cryin'
Equilibrium
Isle of Man
Country of the Dammed
Rained Down From the Heavens
Underworld
New Year's Party Inferno
Diary entry 950.
The Crying Colossus Awakes

OK. My short list was: Cabin Fever, Cryin', Equilibrium and Country of the Dammed, with the last my vote. I will plead guilty to having spent more time trying to work out who had written what, in total futility (and I hadn't even gathered that multiple entries by one author were acceptable).

I now have some names to juggle with, and no more ideas than before. Unless I'm lying to myself as well.

I was just wondering how the heck we play this guessing game if we're one of the participants? Do I put my name against someone else's story to throw other people off the scent?!?! Or do I just only guess the ones I'm really sure about?

I'm sensing The Crying Colossus Awakes is the work of Victoria Silverwolf and Cryin' is by Elvet.
I'm stuggling to pick Danny McG's entry. I still think I've not been around long enough to know everyone's styles.

I was just wondering how the heck we play this guessing game if we're one of the participants? Do I put my name against someone else's story to throw other people off the scent?!?! Or do I just only guess the ones I'm really sure about?

I'm sensing The Crying Colossus Awakes is the work of Victoria Silverwolf and Cryin' is by Elvet.
I'm stuggling to pick Danny McG's entry. I still think I've not been around long enough to know everyone's styles.
If you participated, you can guess a few at a time, or guess the whole list and intentionally guess wrong about your own story.

Both your guesses are incorrect, BTW.

We have a winner!
Not a Dry Eye in the House was one of 3 submissions by one member. The other 2 garnered one vote each.
In second place, The Crying Colossus Awakes, was a solitary entry.
I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to read the entries and vote. There were 13 participants and 18 voters.
I will wait until tomorrow to see how people feel about revealing the identities of the authors. There doesn't seem to be a lot of guessing attempts so far.