August / September 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion Thread

elvet

Easily amused
Supporter
As the 300 Worder comes to a close, it is that time again for the Anonymous Challenge.
M. Robert Gibson is the current winner, and has provided me with the new Topic and Genre.
I enjoy being host, but if anyone would like to take a turn, I'd be happy to pass the torch. Just reply here in the next few days.
I'd like to get the Challenge started at the beginning of the week.

I'd love to have the time to help, honestly. As it is, I barely get the time to even write my entries in between writing my story, life, my story, life, and trying to finish my accursed story. I guess, i'm just writing to say I would if I could... And to also express my immense gratitude for your continued hosting.

It doesn't sound like much now it's on the screen in front of me, but hopefully it's better than having said nothing.

On the off chance it isn't, then... <kindly forget I ever said it>!

:giggle:

Go for it elvet! I think I'll try my hand at reviews this month, as well as plan to enter.

It's only fair that everyone gets a chance to host. There's not much to do, and it is fun being in the know about who writes what.

I know you enjoy doing it Elvet, you seem to have it off to fine art.

However, I’m happy to pick it up for August / September if you’d like a rest.

I know you enjoy doing it Elvet, you seem to have it off to fine art.

However, I’m happy to pick it up for August / September if you’d like a rest.
Thank you for the offer.
I am having fun hosting, and am good to go for a while yet. I just felt like I was hogging the position, that's why I ask at the beginning of every challenge. :)

Hellfire: an inversion of the standard deluge opens up the competition with Vesuvian visions of a modern cataclysm. Post video indeed!

Wrath of the Gods: Sometimes, perspective differentiates the wrath from boredom, divinity from childishness.

Cautionary Tales:
One's deluvial moment is another's opportunity for conquest.

Cabin Fever: "Are we there yet?", given a noahic twist.

Not a Dry Eye in the House: Sometimes prejudices exist when fiction and reality merge.

Fool in the Rain: A juvenile lack of restraint combined with deific powers can be hazardous to one's health.

Hillside Avalanche: Well, that's one way to get people into a church...

Equilibrium: Once they killed the cartoonists, the final straw had been cast in this modern re-imagining of a classic disaster story.

Last edited:
Hillside Avalanche: Some aspects of Nature are far stronger than Humanity.

Cryin': Small disasters can often seem large to the victims.

Equilibrium: Delayed retribution is often the worst to experience.

Isle of Man: Some people never give up, even when all is lost.

Country of the Dammed: Certain places are more vulnerable to the elements than others.

Rained Down From the Heavens: Some events are beyond all explanation.

Underworld: Many things are hidden from ordinary sight.

Isle of Man: In a disaster, you're either on an island or the island yourself.
Country of the Damned: Which is more isolating; a watery prison or being the last of one's kind.
Rained Down from the Heavens: Sometimes, a non-watery deluge is more gruesome than a wet one.
Underworld: Not all floods cause destruction.
New Year's Party Inferno: In the most intense situations, primal instincts come to the fore.