August / September 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion Thread

Danny McG

The fat boomer
And just to cloud things a bit, have you guessers considered that I may be this month's red herring?
(I've been in that fishy role on at least 3 challenges so far.)

I'm writing a list of my guesses, posting it soon

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
Congratulations author of Not a Dry Eye in the House!

Well done one and all who participated, great stories.

K2

elvet

Easily amused
Supporter
I'l give anyone who wants to guess another 2 hours to start the ball rolling. ( @Danny McG ;))
I'll be checking in regularly to comment and give hints.
Otherwise ,the reveal is at noon GMT.

First hint: The member posting the most stories did not write any.

elvet

Easily amused
Supporter
CONGRATULATIONS!!
***B.T. JONES***
Here's the full list:
BT Jones - Hellfire, Not a Dry Eye in the House, Equilibrium
Guttersnipe - Wrath of the Gods
Victoria Silverwolf - Cautionary Tales
Narcissus - Cabin Fever
MikeAnderson - Fool in the Rain
chrispenycate - Hillside Avalanche
Danny McG - Cryin'
-K2- - Isle of Man
Astro Pen- Country of the Damned, Underworld
AMB - Rained Down From the Heavens
Daysman - New Year's Party Inferno
Ian Fortytwo - Diary Entry 920.
M.Robert Gibson - The Crying Colossus Awakes

Thank you to M. Robert Gibson for providing a most inspirational theme and genre, and many thanks to all the participants for another excellent crop of entries.

AMB

Advanced Muddle Brain
@Danny McG post your list anyway. And thanks for the vote :p

I've not really been about long enough to read entries lately, so missed voting (I missed it in the 75 word too). But well done to @BT Jones

BT Jones

Thanks to @elvet, @Ian Fortytwo, @Peter V and @Daysman for voting for '...Dry Eye'... (and also @sule and @johnnyjet for voting for my other entries). I am chuffed to win my first little challenge, especially with such illustrious company. I think it helps that It was book-ended by two rather world weary rants that let me vent some of my ire at the current trajectory of our species.

Not sure I would have picked any of those correct authors. I think it just goes to show how versatile everyone is here that they can adapt their styles with relative ease.

And, as always, many thanks again @elvet for hosting.

Astro Pen

Write now.
Supporter
The joy of these anonymous challenges is that they are a true meritocracy.
The other thing, which I think comes out of that is that it is remarkably difficult to guess authors. There is usually a divide between, (how can I put this?) the comedians, the straight storytellers, and the poets, but to narrow down beyond those grouping is certainly beyond me as a newby here but also, apparently, still difficult for for members who have been here a decade or more.
I'm often convinced I have spotted a @Victoria Silverwolf or a @Danny McG to the point I would put money on it. I'd always lose though :confused:

Joshua Jones

When all is said and done, all's quiet and boring.
My apologies for being absentee for the remainder of this contest! Work suddenly became insanely busy and I had effectively no time for anything else... On the plus side I did secure $330,000 annually for a program to help young, impoverished mothers and their children...

Congratulations @BT Jones! An excellent story and a well deserved win.

Wayne Mack

I cast my vote for Isle of Man as I felt it had a wonderfully evocative description of a post-apocalyptic world. I felt the final line's turn for comedy broke my mood and would have preferred the end to maintain a dystopian. This, however, did not displace my overall appreciation of the preceding description text.

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
I cast my vote for Isle of Man as I felt it had a wonderfully evocative description of a post-apocalyptic world. I felt the final line's turn for comedy broke my mood and would have preferred the end to maintain a dystopian. This, however, did not displace my overall appreciation of the preceding description text.
Well thank you again Wayne ;)

K2