Recommend me a game!

I’ve harped on about this before but….if you like strategy with a post apocalyptic flavour, the best I’ve ever come across is Shadow Empire. It’s a very difficult game with incredibly complicated logistics but also incredibly rewarding if you put the hours in (and I really mean hours). It took me months to learn and understand the basics of the logistics system and, when you do finally grasp it, you realise that this is the pivotal point of any expansion you care to make. There are also factions within government and egotistical subordinates to deal with as well as other major and minor regimes.

Add to that, tech research, resource management and straight forward warfare on a hostile planet and you have, what I consider to be, the best 4X game ever created.

I've heard Planescape Torment is an old but interesting R.P.G. type game, an afraid I haven't had a chance to play it yet but it sounds interesting, look it up on You Tube.

PT looks very much in the mould of Baldurs Gate, but it is driven more by team and character interaction than it is abvout exploration and combat. It is (or at least was) a very,very good game. But in today's gaming of immersive, open worlds where can (almost) go anywhere and do anything , all in glorious 3d and usually with professional voiceovers it probably seems a little - limited. Also, in order to get the most from the game, there is an awful lot of text to be read.

Which probably sounds a little like I'm criticising the game. Which I'm not. You just have to bear in mind that it is a 20 year old game. But it tells a wonderful story, and once you are hooked there is no letting up until you get to the end. The story of The Nameless One and his companion Mort is a fascinating one, and (for me at least) comes from the golden era of PC gaming.

I thought this might be a useful thread for people to suggest what they're looking for, and others to make suggestions.

I'm looking for something engrossing (which probably means some kind of RPG), with decent gameplay and story. Ideally, I'd like something that isn't in a stereotypical setting: so preferably something other than bog-standard zombie, fantasy and sci-fi settings (something weird like Dune would be cool, though). I've enjoyed the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, although Morrowind felt like the most original of them by a fair way. In terms of graphics, I don't think my PC would run anything too cutting edge, and I think I'd have trouble with anything made before 2000 or so. Can anyone think of a game that would qualify?

Outerworlds:cool:

Thanks Bugg. I ask because the game play looks to be similar to Jedi: Fallen Order, which i really enjoyed. I'm 10 hours into Fallout 3 at the moment, so i suspect that i'm not looking to get into another game for a while.

By the time you finish with Fallout 3 it'll probably be cheaper anyway :giggle:

I just pre-orders Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.

Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Civilization 6
Dark Souls/Sekiro/Elden Ring
Halo 1-3
Mass Efect 1-3
Asuras Wrath
Fallout 1-4

Axiom Verge
Carrion