Four adults in a car, suspicious?

We were seven adults in a standard small car for one journey a couple of years ago (six of us plus driver), but it was on holiday in Bali and nobody seemed to mind. But to the original point, I must admit I also see full cars less these days. It wouldn't bother me normally, but it depends on the location/ time of day and amount of spooky atmosphere/ fog/ dead trees etc there is about.

Had I thought of that, I probably would have! I did hide alarm clocks, set at 5 minute increments, across the auditorium before an address by a member of faculty...

That was done to a colleague of mine. On a different occasion gin was substituted for the water in his glass. He had the presence of mind to take it with him at the end of the class.

That was done to a colleague of mine. On a different occasion gin was substituted for the water in his glass. He had the presence of mind to take it with him at the end of the class.
I wish I could claim my favorite chapel/auditorium prank... someone nicked all the butter knives from the dining room and hid one each in all the hymnal bindings... as soon as the first hymn was called 1800 butter knives fell to the cement floor...

I can claim the life sized Chuck Norris cutout taped to the back of the employee restroom door at a former place of employment, and helping coordinate chaining an 18 pound bowling ball onto the ankle of a newly engaged friend...

I wish I could claim my favorite chapel/auditorium prank... someone nicked all the butter knives from the dining room and hid one each in all the hymnal bindings... as soon as the first hymn was called 1800 butter knives fell to the cement floor...

I can claim the life sized Chuck Norris cutout taped to the back of the employee restroom door at a former place of employment, and helping coordinate chaining an 18 pound bowling ball onto the ankle of a newly engaged friend...
One of my cousins was a victim of a stag night prank that almost had him missing his wedding day. His mates had hired a coach to do a pub crawl that covered a large part of rural Yorkshire. At the furthest point form home, in the middle of nowhere, they stopped the coach, stripped him down to skin, and produced a welding set from the coach's luggage area. they then welded a ball and chain to his ankle (there were a few skilled metalworkers amongst his so-called friends*) and left him on an unlit country lane.

At some point close to dawn, a police patrol luckily picked him up. They provided him with clothes and a lift home, but didn't remove the ball and chain. Not sure how he managed that, but maybe one of his mates had sobered up enough by then to help.

The moral of the story? Never have a stag night on the eve of your wedding. He was not on great form, weaving a little as he stood at the altar.

*One of whom was his identical twin brother...

Last edited:
One of my cousins was a victim of a stag night prank that almost had him missing his wedding day. His mates had hired a coach to do a pub crawl that covered a large part of rural Yorkshire. At the furthest point form home, in the middle of nowhere, they stopped the coach, stripped him down to skin, and produced a welding set from the coach's luggage area. they then welded a ball and chain to his ankle (there were a few skilled metalworkers amounts his so-called friends*) and left him on an unlit country lane.

At some point close to dawn, a police patrol luckily picked him up. They provided him with clothes and a lift home, but didn't remove the ball and chain. Not sure how he managed that, but maybe one of his mates had sobered up enough by then to help.

The moral of the story? Never have a stag night on the eve of your wedding. He was not on great form, weaving a little as he stood at the altar.

*One of whom was his identical twin brother...
Wow, welding it on takes some serious dedication... we just padlocked it so the chain length was just short enough that he would have to hunch over to carry it... but then again we left it on for a full 24 hours so...

"and the fact they got out the front seats and the two women were in the back didn't help"

Males are usually longer legged, and there is more leg room in the front.

One winter some years ago, about 2 AM I was in my car by myself, heading for home. Police car dropped in behind me and bumped his lights. I pulled off on the shoulder, and he walked up to my car.

He said, "Jim, the alarm just went off at Walmart (this was long before Walmart started staying open 24 hours a day), and I'm by myself. I'm uneasy, will you go with me"? So I said, "Yeah", and off we went.

When we got to the store, he told me to go around back and wait while he went through the inside in an attempt to flush them out on me. So after a few minutes, there I was standing out back of the store freezing my fanny off and thinking about how much I'd prefer to be at home. It turned out to be a non-event; no one in the store.

The moral of the story being that you can't really predict what's in the mind of a cop and what's going to get you pulled over.

Last edited:
We had a teacher getting married at school, and the Friday before the wedding, we managed to get into his car and put a pair of kippers down the tubes behind the air vents...