Sci-fi/fantasy about psychiatric patient who lives in alternative universe

The "Legion" Netflix series was based on the Legion character from the Marvel comics universe, the "X-Men" and "New Mutants" comic book series. The comic or the show could have been influenced by the book you suggest, but the direct line is from the comic books.

Well yes of course it's a Marvel character... I meant the way they tackled it. It's as if they crossed the two plots - a common script hack. The hero, his absurd childhood, his psychiatric experience, his schizophrenia, the girl he meets in the ward & falls in love with, his continuous search for her, and this crazy Alien Force (Farouk in Legion, Kmôhoûn in the novel) living off him like a parasite...

It would be helpful if you could try to dredge up a few more details to assist those trying to identify this story. Surely you can remember at least a few more tidbits, and even the smallest thing can make the difference. Have you looked at the standard advice on asking identification questions?

It would be helpful if you could try to dredge up a few more details to assist those trying to identify this story. Surely you can remember at least a few more tidbits, and even the smallest thing can make the difference. Have you looked at the standard advice on asking identification questions?

for sure it was early-mid, more early than mid '80s

Do you remember yourself having read something similar back then?

thanks

Red Orc's Rage by Philip Jose Farmer has this basic setup but seems to be published too late (1991)

It was the first, for me, nixed-fanstasy scifi story

If I remember, when transfered to the other universe, for some "sin" he was tied to a tower and eaten alive by some huge flies ... sorry nearly half century ago

It was the first, for me, nixed-fanstasy scifi story

If I remember, when transfered to the other universe, for some "sin" he was tied to a tower and eaten alive by some huge flies ... sorry nearly half century ago
Hi back here, lost login

Any new ideas?

Sci-fi/fantasy about psychiatric patient who lives in alternative universe where he is some kind of warrior ... captured and big lies eating him like in Prometeus myth

It is about a psy ward patient with a "partial personality" who happens to live on another planet/dimension during seizures or dreams
kind of "Den" but without erotic side

It was before The Reluctant Swordsman (1988) by Dave Duncan was written
Read in mid 80'sI on a cheap second hand paperback, translated in another language ...

thanks

PS
maybe my novel was just some third class pulp crap nobody never heard of